Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? You've come to the right place.
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our SaaS platform, used by already over 100 European cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall's decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
Operations Coordinator at CitizenLab
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator. A reliable multi-tasker who can help improve our company's operations, by coordinating crucial tasks in administration, HR, finance, and accountancy—in collaboration with the CEO.
The diverse set of tasks you'll be working on include:
- Follow up on all of our company's administrative processes.
- Act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. There will be a good portion of people management.
- Increase staff's productivity by organising company documents, purchasing office supplies, and more.
- Update and maintain company policies as needed.
- Organise tickets and invoices, in coordination with the accountant, to enable reliable financial reporting.
- Take care of our employees' happiness and well-being, by helping design the workplace, organise team events, onboard new employees, and more.
- Monitor our expenses and handle third-party contracts and subscriptions.
- Help design effective internal processes to improve our day-to-day operations.
As our Operations Coordinator, you are an organised and competent professional with great communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with our employees' queries and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- You have proven work experience as Administrative Coordinator or a similar role.
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch (as many of our administrative partners are Dutch-speaking) and are comfortable speaking English at the office.
- You are good at working with (financial) numbers, including basic maths and accountancy.
- You possess excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Above all, you are highly organised and detail-oriented.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +100 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. 🙂
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.