iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
As a Data & Risk Engineer at iwoca you will be a crucial member of a team responsible for developing a bespoke lending platform that has recently been accredited as being far more advanced than any other product on the market. We have ambitious plans to transform the face of SME lending and we have already made waves in the industry.
Our Data and Risk Team develop cutting edge algorithms using statistical modelling and machine learning techniques. Using Python (Pandas, NumPy and SciPy) they work in a fast paced and dynamic environment to produce data driven solutions. Our Tech & Analytics team works in a relaxed, collaborative and flexible environment, where everyone has the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the business. As an iwocan, you will be expected to derive meaningful and actionable insights from our data as well as develop the innovative technologies behind our platform.
We are looking for an Operations Analyst who loves to code and get their hands dirty with raw data. It doesn't really matter whether people call you an Engineer, Physicist or Mathematician, what matters to us is that you are a curious and continuous learner with a hunger to achieve the very best in what you do.
This role will involve taking over and automating some manual reporting, doing ad-hoc analysis of various RCT’s to help us optimise our CRM and customer contact strategies, and developing new prioritisation models to help us identify the most efficient way to focus our customer support teams efforts.
- We are a team of with a real love for mathematical and statistical modelling
- We all play a significant role in specifying the problem and thinking through all possible solutions
- Our development cycle is tight with Agile-ish processes that means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years
- We are an eclectic bunch of Musicians, Rowers, Climbers, Skiers, Farmers and Cyclists
- Strong numerate background, e.g Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Must have a background in Probability & Statistics
- Programming experience: Python, Java, C/C++ or similar
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- Demonstrable experience using machine learning techniques
- Strong basis in computer-science fundamentals
- Experience with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, R, Matlab, and/or SQL.
- Understanding of web technologies
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- A calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Flexible working, including flexible hours and working from home days - all made easy with video conferencing and slack