The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house video production department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
We are seeking a full time Junior Technician within the PACE services team to work at the Facebook offices in London, UK, although this role will be initially based remotely while offices remain closed due to COVID-19. As one of the World’s leading tech companies, Facebook is well known for being a fast paced working environment that adopts an innovative, dynamic and social culture.
PACE, which stands for Production Applications, Coaching & Education, is a newly formed support pillar within Facebook’s production group that has a goal to offer coaching and education to stakeholders through a guided DIY workflow. The primary focus of the Junior Technician is to support stakeholders in adopting self-service tools, along with providing technical support to execute an array of virtual events.
The role will involve working within the AV events team managing the creation and distribution of content via multiple methods of outreach such as live streaming, online, pre-records for pr/marketing etc. Our ideal candidate is someone who is a driven self starter that is passionate to learn and develop within the AV industry. While no prior experience of live events or audio/visual technology is required for this role as full training will be provided, high standards of customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must!
- Provide consultations with stakeholders to educate on available self-service tools.
- Support virtual events; including but not limited to recording, content sharing and moderation of video conferencing platforms.
- Basic video editing.
- Troubleshoot as needed to satisfy the end user’s needs and escalate if necessary.
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments provided by leadership and executes them within the given timeline.
- Keeps Onsite Production Lead Technician well-informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technician staff and clients.
- Contributes and abides by SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing the event ticketing system.
- Responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Basic understanding of Technical Event Production
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
- Self Starter can demonstrate, and be open to learning
- Ability to take direction well