Aurora Energy Research is a consulting company that provides data and analysis on British, German, European and global energy markets. Unquestionably independent, our analysis is designed to inform critical decisions of our clients, which include many of Europe’s major energy market participants.
Aurora was founded in 2013 by five University of Oxford Professors, who have decades of experience at the highest levels of academia and energy policy. It is now a thriving, rapidly growing company of 50 staff. Next to the company`s headquarter in Oxford, Aurora opened its first international office in Berlin in 2016. In the next years we expect to grow to more than 100 staff and expand into new markets.
Office Manager / Team Assistant
We are looking for an all-round talent to support the Berlin Team of our young and rapidly growing company and to be responsible for a variety of organisational and administrative processes. We offer you an interesting role, good opportunities for professional development and the possibility to play an active role in shaping our internal processes. You will be part of an open minded and committed team in an international and dynamic environment.
You will be directly influencing the day to day operations of our team. Tasks and responsibilities depend on your personal strengths and interests, but could include:
- Supporting the team in organising meetings and travels, and coordinating diaries
- Office Management
- Implementing and advancing administrative processes
- Recruiting and HR
- Event Management
- Assisting with contracting, invoicing and bookkeeping
- Contributing to team development and corporate culture by introducing and implementing your own ideas
- Further development of our Website and production of marketing materials
- Creating, designing and editing PowerPoint presentations and Work documents
- Responsibility for your own special projects
- Experience in a PA or higher-level administrative role
- High level of responsibility, reliability and creativity
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work independently
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very good knowledge of Word, good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- A good all-rounder with an interest in new challenges
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with high-level executives
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented work style
- Team-oriented and interested in working in an international environment
- Very good English and German skills, both written and spoken
What we offer:
You will be part of a committed young team with a positive working climate, that enjoys occasional after work activities and organizes frequent team events. Within the flat hierarchies and dynamic working environment you will be able to directly influence and shape our internal processes and company culture. You will be able to take responsibility for your own projects in the areas of Business Administration and Operations Management. To meet new challenges and promote professional development we take care about all employees having the support and resources they need.
As an international company we value the frequent personal exchange between our remotely working teams – you will have the possibility to spend a few days each half a year in our Headquarter in Oxford, as well as regular visits from your UK colleagues in Berlin. Last but not least, Aurora Energy Research offers the opportunity to work in an environment close to important developments of the global energy transformation.