We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We grew 1200% in 2017, were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, were featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired, and just concluded our 2nd round of funding ($21M) to help us scale.
We are looking for an Intern to support the current Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures, and to help cover reception hours, ideally during the mornings.
Your role will be to help us create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
As an Office Management Intern your responsibilities will include, among others, greeting visitors according to our “Visitor Experience” standards, making office supplies arrangements, and providing general administrative support to our employees.
To succeed in this role, you should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office overall and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
What you will do
- Help manage the reception based on our “Visitor Experience” standards, providing any support to visitors as required.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Help maintain office efficiency by implementing office systems, layouts, and all the procurement (IT and office equipment, cleaning, food, etc.).
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs and refurbishment.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Facilitating document management (preparation, printing and scanning of docs).
- Maintain historical records within the filing and retrieval system.
- Partner with Finance and HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Manage reception and internal distribution of mailing and courier.
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware).
- Support to liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, food and security services.
- Help in planning in-house or off-site activities, like company events, meetups and conferences.
What you will need
- Availability to join us as an intern (need to be able to sign a School/University agreement).
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Vocational people support DNA.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Strong ability to multitask and effectively prioritize, being able to make decisions with minimum guidance.
- Intermediate level in MS Office.
- Good time-management skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- Potential opportunity to join the company after the internship.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Continuous learning is encouraged and you are more than welcome to dedicate time to learn things that interest you, even if they are not directly related to the day to day tasks.
-This position requires being based in Barcelona.
-English is the official language at the office.