We're a tech startup on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old, and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe. You can read more about our approach in recent press:
About the role
We are currently seeking a NodeJs Full Stack Developer who will work along with designers and backend engineers on creating our software solutions.
This is just the start, hence you’ll be a key player on defining technology stack, processes, and build our work environment from scratch!
We do offer competitive salary and stock options.
What you will do here
- Lead NodeJs applications development
- Work with Backend Engineers to build and deliver features, on top of RESTful APIs
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Address performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Identify front-end best practices
- Fun at work, cool office space
- Travel to New York City office for projects and retreats
Who we are looking for
- NodeJS with KoaJS (Generators)
- React, AngularJS or any other JS libraries are required
- Responsive design, mobile-first, SASS or Less preprocessors
- Cross-browser compatibility issues knowledge, client-side performance
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Team player, really motivated with technical challenges
- Time management skills
What we offer
- Great offices in the middle of Manhattan, NYC and in Spain in the center of Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Fun and fast-paced environment.
- Education budget.
- WFH from time to time.
- Coffee, Drinks & Fruits.
- The possibility to build your career in one of the leading startups in the US.
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of the biggest, most developed digital markets in the world.