VSPARTICLE is a start-up born in 2014 out of the research labs of TU Delft. After the successful introduction of the nanoparticle aerosol generator (G1), we have recently set our aim on the development of a nanomaterial printer (P1) and a material database, allowing academia and industry to use state-of-the-art technology to develop new nanomaterials in months instead of years.
We are a diverse group of currently around 20 people, working closely together to develop, sell and support our technologies from our office at YES!Delft (the Netherlands).
We are looking to expand our software engineering team. This team creates the framework for the material database, thereby paving the path to an automated lab to develop new nanomaterials, as well as collaborates with other teams to do data analysis and develop models and tools.
One quarter you might work in close collaboration with the nanomaterial printer development team to automatically process images from our in-house designed camera, the next you might be developing a machine learning algorithm to predict which properties nanomaterials will exhibit as their composition changes.
We offer :
- R&D on topics that help solve the largest planetary challenges (e.g., green hydrogen production, fuel cells)
- Developing with state-of-the-art technology (e.g., Python 3.9, FastAPI)
- Flat organisational structure with a diverse and international group of colleagues
- Combination of working from home and working from our office in Delft
We are specifically looking for experienced people with diverse skillsets, as the software we create is interwoven with the rest of our products and our company is still rapidly growing in various disciplines.
We are interested in multidisciplinary people that have at least basic familiarity with most of these relevant skills, and have at least medior / senior level Python skills :
- Python development (backend development, incl. concurrency, unit testing, etc.)
- Scientific computing (numpy, scipy, physics, chemistry)
- Software architecture (object-oriented programming)
- UI / UX (Bootstrap, user flow design)
- IT and virtualisation (Debian, WSL, Docker)
- Security (source code protection)
- Licensing (usage of GPL-licensed software in our products, distribution)
If you are interested or if you have questions, please contact us via info vsparticle.com. When applying, please include your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and how you fit the above skillset.