We are looking for committed people with enthusiasm for biomedical research! TRON is a non-university, biopharmaceutical research institute in the legal form of a non-profit organization.
The company’s aim is to develop highly innovative technologies to address medical needs in the fields of cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works actually in close cooperation with universities and clinics as well as with regional, national and international research institutions and companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with talented and dedicated colleagues, to develop and expand your professional experience, and to be at the cutting-edge of translational science to improve patient’s lives.
TRON is currently expanding its multidisciplinary Next Generation Sequencing Unit with exceptional experience in Illumina-based sample processing and high-throughput sequencing.
In order to enlarge our technological knowledge and expertise, we are searching for an NGS Scientist for method development (m/f/d)
Duties and responsibilities
- Support of the NGS development team to expand TRON´s state of the art method portfolio
- Coordination and execution of exciting projects addressing the testing and evaluation of innovative NGS technologies/platforms/methods with a particular focus on Liquid Biopsies Hands-on processing of samples in the lab (from sample in to sequence reads out)
- Coordination of large sample cohorts/sequencing projects as well as continuous exchange with the bioinformatics department
- Reporting and documentation of all projects as well as outcomes
Qualification and experience
- PhD in molecular biology or a similar field
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in NGS method development, especially Illumina (whole genome, whole exome, RNA-Seq, targeted sequencing)
- Any experience and/or interest in the fast-evolving field of Liquid Biopsies is appreciated
- A deep understanding of NGS processes from “sample in to reads out”
- Strong visual, verbal as well as written communication skills
- Being a self-starter who is used to work effectively in an agile start-up environment
- Being an enthusiastic team player thrilled by the implementation of personalized medicine
An additional experience in research and development in the human setting, preferentially oncology-related as well as in working with liquid handling robots (TECAN, Beckman Coulter, Qiagen) completes your profile.