“Access to EV charging infrastructure will soon be the only barrier remaining, to unlock the potential of e-mobility”. Cap Gemini Invent (2019).
For e-mobility to become a mass phenomenon - in particular in big cities in Europe, where up to 75% of car owners do not have access to a private charge point - we need to step up: Europe currently has less than 200,000 public charge points but will need 1,300,000 by 2025 and 3,000,000 by 2030. And using most of the ones we have today sucks, just as most first generation electric cars did. With the exception of Tesla: They uncompromisingly put the user first, and so do we. Wanna build the Tesla of charging infrastructure with us?
We - a Munich based start-up, founded in 2017 - are committed to turn the world from combustion to electric. We design, build and operate charging infrastructure for the public space - and have huge ambitions here. We excel in simplicity, user focus and engineering excellence. We value diversity of thought, background and approaches and foster a culture of belonging. We understand that best products are built by excellent teams, not individual superstars. Be part of shaping the E-mobility of the future!
You are familiar with developing high quality native Apps for Android in Kotlin and have solid experience working on modern web frontend development. You understand the need to support our existing hybrid App solution (Cordova, PhoneGap) to keep the business running, but are excited about green fielding our next generation native App (Android Kotlin, iOS Swift). You are driven to become a part of a mobile team with the iOS developers, trading code reviews, design ideas and vision.
You take ownership, along with the rest of the team, for building and refining our service as the business expands across Europe.
You are a good communicator, free thinker, have an inquisitive mind-set and an eye for detail. You are comfortable working in a start-up, collaborating in an interdisciplinary team, and willing to contribute, in whatever way, with your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help us build a successful business. As a proactive and committed team member, we continuously motivate you to continue learning and developing your skills.
What we offer:
- Flat hierarchies & efficient decision-making processes without red tape
- Personal and professional development
- Flexible working hours
- An international and dynamic team
Necessary technical requirements:
- Expert-level Kotlin experience on Android
- Advanced HTML5/CSS3 skills
- English as a working language
- A make-it-happen attitude, helping the team to deliver on changing the world from combustion to electric.
- Ability to self-organise in an environment of changing priorities; willingness to work on multiple tasks/content switching
- You are a good communicator. You are able to present complicated solutions to non- technical audience in a simple and logical way.
Nice to have:
- Rest/JSON API development experience from both client and server
- iOS Development background in Swift
- Knowledge in development of speech control
- Test-driven development tools experience is a plus
- Experience in large-scale distributed systems architecture
- Knowledge of Git, Jira, Gulp, SCSS, or comparable tools of the trade