ROOSH is a Dutch e-commerce company in Eindhoven, founded in 2013. Through our sites, consumers compare and book parking spaces at airports in Europe, Australia and the USA! At the moment we are looking for a medior backend developer for our platform built in PHP/Laravel, TypeScript and Go. You strengthen our international team of (currently) 18 people. The team mainly consists of online marketers and tech experts.
You join a small scrum team where you work on a set of backend systems that form the basis of our platform. Some of these systems are built in PHP/Laravel, others in TypeScript or Go. The platform is based on a state of the art microservice architecture, with strict separation between frontend, backend, gateways and (micro)services.
As a medior developer in a small team, you get plenty of opportunities to develop yourself towards a senior level. Experience with TypeScript or Go is welcome but not required. We provide training and mentoring.
On a daily basis you will work closely with a medior frontend developer and our CTO. This in an environment where knowledge sharing is the norm and learning from mistakes is seen as a positive experience
- Implement backend user story tasks in PHP/Laravel, TypeScript and Go;
- Brainstorming with the team to come up with smart and efficient solutions;
- Actively monitor the integrity and quality of the codebase.
- At least 3 years of experience as a PHP/Laravel backend developer;
- Strong analytical skills and a critical attitude;
- Interested in learning TypeScript and Go.
What you can expect:
ROOSH mainly employs young people who enjoy a dynamic and informal working atmosphere where everyone can be themselves. We are proud of the amount of knowledge we have built up within our relatively small company. If you come to work with us, you can learn a lot if you are open to it. Moreover, you decide whether you work largely from home or from our nice office in Eindhoven.
- A varied and responsible position with a lot of freedom and flexibility;
- Informal but professional working atmosphere within a small scrum team;
- An office in the creative/startup heart of Eindhoven - Strijp-S;
- Multiple closed meeting/focus areas in the office where you can work;
- Opportunities to work from home - occasional or structural.
A little more about the culture at ROOSH:
- Flat organization - The door is always open and your colleagues are there to support you;
- Autonomy - We teach you what the job entails so that you can get started with the method yourself! We believe in connecting people to the tasks they enjoy doing;
- Input - We love passion for your work!
- Positive mindset - We like to think in (smart/creative) solutions!
- Sharing of ideas - We encourage the most! Experimentation is the best way to discover improvements.