Excelsior has been engaged exclusively to conduct a search for this innovative and well capitalised investment research fintech. Their solution is a disruptive Artificial Intelligence (AI) investment research distribution, analysis and alpha generation platform which has proven itself with a hedge fund for several years, so they have spun it out to take to market. With a new market model and benefits for Banks, Brokers, Institutional Asset Managers and Wealth Managers they are set to disrupt the investment research market.
This is a newly created position for a marketing professional to take a lead role in the development and execution the company’s marketing strategy, with go-to-market strategies for new products and market areas within the investment industry. As the first marketing professional this means taking the marketing plan from the strategic – business drivers, problems, positioning, solution messaging and value propositions, through to tactical operations – collateral, events, campaigns, demand & lead generation, PR etc. As this is the lead marketing role for this company, there is a great opportunity for this person to develop the role and ‘make it their own’ and be involved in global initiatives as the company grows.
Appropriate applicants will have:
- Experience in a B2B marketing role working for a fintech / investment technology, research or data provider to the financial services industry (ideally to the buy side / wealth / asset / investment management). A good all round mix of product, content, digital and communications marketing experience would be ideal.
- Experience of building demand / lead generation activities which develops and nurtures sales pipelines.
- Creative writing and positioning skills to conceptualise marketing communications.
- The ability to take this company’s key messages and bring them to different target personas through various campaigns i.e. social media, email, webinars, podcasts, trade events, press, whitepapers etc.
- An understanding of the steps required to build a powerful brand, which can cultivate buyers into a movement.
- A driven and determined attitude conducive to a dynamic high growth start-up team environment.
- Professional marketing qualifications would be an advantage.
Great career opportunity for a high calibre marketing professional to join a high growth fintech start-up, working closely with the senior management team to develop and execute the company’s marketing strategy. This person can certainly ‘make the role their own’, ‘have impact’, and reap both the professional and personal rewards that come with such a high growth fintech opportunity that clearly recognises the true value of marketing to their future success.
Keywords: marketing, chief marketing officer, marketing director, marketing manager, marketing executive, head of marketing, branding, product marketing, digital marketing, marcomms, fintech, wealth managers, wealth management, hedge funds, buy side, asset management, investment management, equity research, stock selection, investment research, equity analysts, fundamental research, mifidII, fundamental analysis, big data, quantitative, algorithmic, analytics, artificial intelligence, AI, portfolio analytics, alpha generation.