Are you ready to revolutionise car rental? Can you launch and run complex countrywide operations? Are you keen to launch one of the most promising European mobility startup into a new market?
At Virtuo you will be tasked with launching and running a sizable business in one of the biggest transportation market in Europe. You will work with a great founding team in Paris and own an awesome product stack that has attracted a massive fanbase in France and the UK. How far this will go is entirely up to you as an entrepreneur but Virtuo is disrupting the $50b car rental market and by extension, tapping into the sharing economy and the secular trend towards the end of car ownership (a $3tr market). A role like this doesn’t come often. The role will appeal to an ambitious entrepreneur with a co-founder mindset, strong operational chops and a passion for mobility tech.
How it started
Serial founders Karim and Thibault launched Virtuo in Paris in April 2016. Both felt traditional car rental sucked after terrible experiences and it only took a tech trek to LA to get the business off the ground. In its short lifespan Virtuo has created a massive fanbase of 50K in France, Belgium and the UK: it is a 100% mobile car rental service that provides the best and most seamless car rental experience in the market. Technology made simple - no lines, no paperwork, a really cool app that unlocks and ignites an awesome Mercedes-Benz. How it should be!
Virtuo has rapidly expanded in the countries it launched. It is available at transport hubs in cities with significant tourist traffic including train stations and airports in Paris, Nice, Bordeaux, Lyon or Avignon. A new milestone was reached in September with a Series A funding round from Balderton Capital, which took total funding to €10m since inception. Virtuo expanded to London over the summer and is going to continue its rapid expansion across Europe. Next steps: Spain and Germany in the spring, fueled with a new round of funding (Series B) being raised early 2019!
As Marketing Manager for Spain you will:
- Work closely with the local GM but also the HQ central acquisition team in the Paris office
- Be a key component of the team and will fully own Virtuo’s marketing strategy locally from acquiring to retention of new customers. You’ll design and execute end-to-end acquisition, engagement and retention initiatives (including local activations / stunts, email marketing, promotions, partnerships, etc.)
- Create creative content: Crafting fresh and impactful messages that attract people in and make them relate with what we stand for
- Be in charge of the community management and social media presence: Connecting with potential customers through our social media channels and newsletters as well as building online marketing partnerships
- Be the face of Virtuo at events and represent our brand
- Influence partnerships: Build partnerships with key influencers and driving new customer acquisition through them
- Find opportunities to raise our profile via PR and media activation
- Coordinate product and city launches as we grow our presence
- Getting results: Making your ideas work and driving concrete, visible results in customer acquisition and retention, week on week
- At least 3 years of marketing experience as a generalist and/or focused on operational marketing in-house or in a media agency (or similar field)
• A great understanding of social media
• An eye for design and a taste for well-crafted products
• Strong creative writing skills
• Ability to really lead a project, work independently
• Highly organised, the job requires planning – you are very analytical, proficient at Excel
• A startup attitude: a visionary mindset and a problem solver at heart
• Passionate about our customers’ happiness and their overall rental experience
• Extraordinary social skills at all levels
• Optimistic, open and highly likeable
• Fluent in Spanish and English, French is a plus
What’s on offer
The total package is designed to attract the best and brightest for the role:
- A flagship of ‘la French Tech’ with an incredible traction in Europe
- Make an impact: the chance to shape the future of European mobility
- Smart colleagues and a phenomenal startup environment
- Competitive pay, equity, team events and a significant discount on car rental!
Meet the founders
Get in touch
Rym Ben Slimane [email protected]