When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. *Location / Division Specific Information*Our Austin TX manufacturing operation is growing.
We are rapidly growing our team, facilities, and capabilities in manufacturing nucleic acid components.
What will you do?
As a part of the Manufacturing Sciences team, you will be a critical part of manufacturing scale-up, process optimization, technology transfer, and validation.
How will you make an impact?
- Provide technical support for project start-ups, test runs and special procedures.
- Designing, executing, and analyzing test method and process validations
- Support manufacturing by crafting work instructions and standard operating procedures consistent with quality and manufacturing standards
- Design and set-up product structures in our MRP system.
- Participate in identifying and implementing improvement projects to production processes, methods and controls.
- Test the effect of material and process changes
- Work closely with the Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance departments to troubleshoot and solve manufacturing problems
- Assist in long-term departmental planning
- Assist the transfer of new products to Manufacturing, including the scale-up from pilot to manufacturing scale, and the optimization of manufacturing processes.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree (B. A., B.S., etc.) from a four-year college or university and 5 years post-undergraduate laboratory experience in biological sciences, or an M.S and 3 years experience.
- Previous experience working in an ISO13485, USDA or cGMP manufacturing environment
- Experience developing and writing manufacturing and test methods
- Previous experience in validation programs
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Proficiency with HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS
- Hands-on experience in qPCR At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers an accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process.
For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*.
Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process.
Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.