At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Spectrum Therapeutics is the medical division of Canopy Growth Corporation which prides itself in being the world’s biggest producer and distributor of medical cannabis. Founded in Canada, Spectrum Therapeutics operates in Europe, Australia, North and South America.
The purpose of this role is to maintain and increase the market share of Spectrum Therapeutics Austria and to further expand the cannabinoid market. Based out of Vienna this role will be split between business development (50%) and marketing responsibilities (50%). Competitive products are about to enter the market and a key output of this role will be to successfully reduce this to a minimum, customer relationships are to be deepened and the Spectrum Therapeutics brand is to be built up and strengthened among doctors and pharmacies.
- Educating our customer base of the benefits and solutions that our products can bring to patients utilising both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Managing outsourced pharmaceutical consultants to achieve growth targets
- In partnership with the outsourced pharmaceutical consultants develop a performance driven structure and growth targets to deliver annual revenue and margin targets
- Carrying out regional planning at district and/or ambulance area level in cooperation with the Country Manager.
- Agreeing a data (SAP CRM) and commercial acumen driven targeted client (Pharma / Doctors) sales calendar of visits to maximise sales and client satisfaction
- Report on a monthly basis to the Country manager on the activities of the pharmaceutical consultants and priorities and compliance (specifications complication, fee accounting and GDPR)
- Preparation of an annual marketing and medical budget
- Supporting the Country Manager in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to achieve short-, medium- and long-term business objectives to include optimising and promoting client consultations, congresses and education events
- Developing a detailed marketing plan and the activities and projects required to implement the plan, continuously reviewing these projects and ensuring that they are implemented in a timely manner
- Commissioning of individual projects within the appropriate signatory authority, invoice control and approval in line with BMD approval authority.
- Brand management: building and strengthening the Spectrum Therapeutics brand among doctors and pharmacies
- Development and implementation of innovative marketing campaigns with a focus on 360-degree medical marketing campaigns, as well as to support the activities of the pharmaceutical consultants
- Building a powerful and professional marketing team, leading and developing a junior brand manager as well as other divisional staff as appropriate
- 5+ years experience as a sales and marketing manager with a track record of delivering growth.
- Experience as a sales and marketing representative and affinity to sales analytics is an asset
- Experience of managing an outsourced team of pharmaceutical consultants and achieving stretching growth targets essential
- An advanced science degree in the fields of life sciences, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, medicine or pharmacy desirable.
- Has a track record of effective and influential oral presentations with the healthcare profession.
- Knowledge in the field of pain, neurology, oncology and/or palliative medicine desirable.
- A good understanding of the Austrian healthcare system.
- Strategic-analytical thinking and distinctive problem-solving competence.
- Excellent German and English language skills.
- Comfortable and/or familiar with a start-up environment with a flat organisational structure.
- Willingness to travel (national & international congress participation).
This is a full-time role based out of our Vienna office.
Pay range: 80,000-90,000 EUR approximately
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.