sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes.
We are a growing team looking for an Manager, Strategy & Planning to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics.
You would join our S&P team in the Paris office. We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent.
Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment.
Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Manager Strategy & Planning you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like working directly with the leadership to set strategy for the business critical supply side, aligning teams around that strategy, collaborating with business partners to deliver on it, and providing internal updates on key metrics and performance indicators.
You will be a trusted partner to executive leadership and relied upon to guide various complex issues from day one. We are looking for a person with some serious ops resourcefulness to support business planning and execution.
This role will be self-driven and require someone capable of identifying key data insights, diving into business and operational issues and proposing or building a more viable solution.
Just as important is the ability to communicate any solutions and strategy to the business in order to drive lasting improvement.
Our new teammate needs to be passionate about driving projects with a business impact, democratizing data and empowering the team through valuable insights someone who understands and speaks data, operations and strategy equally well.
Join us on the ground floor and help us build the future of freight!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Strategized : Work closely with the Sales Management , program managers, and product to align and iterate on overall Sales strategy
- Plan : Build and maintain financial and headcount models, operational reporting, OKRs, projections, and key business metrics to inform the leadership and the entire org of where the business stands
- Program / Project Management : Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting initiatives across the business by working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Process Improvement : Identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks using our internal data and deliver solutions
- Scale : Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist regional and pan-EU expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions
- Develop Relationships : Interface with other functional areas( Operations, Product, Finance, etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE
- 5+ years of experience in road freight or logistics environment; some high-growth operations or startup experience also works.
- Masters’s degree or higher in Business, Engineering, Logistics, Economics, or another related field.
- Strong business acumen with a doer approach, a self-starter ready to build projects from scratch.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly and do them well.
- Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a analytical and data-driven approach to issues.
- Great communication skills, ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, synthesizing a lot of information, highlighting key takeaways and defining actionable insights.
- SQL knowledge is considered a plus.
- Experience in Project Management Office is considered a plus.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken is necessary but French is a plus.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use Objectives and Key Results for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office : unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future.
In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.