Sportr is an AI-powered content provision service that assists with all aspects of content creation: curation, organisation, generation and publishing. First we curate targeted third-party content for content teams, picking up articles, images and videos relevant for clients, from any website, before organising them in an interface. Once there, it uses artificial intelligence to rank the most important pieces of content, group together related stories and remove irrelevant information. Using machine learning, we then generate a skeleton piece of text on the writer’s chosen articles. Content teams can then use the in-built editor interface to add their brand tone and maximise content flow through their relevant channels. We’re currently focused in sport but are quickly moving to new verticals. Our clients include apps, professional organisations and a multinational social media/lifestyle brand.
Sportr pivoted from SportsFix, the first sports news summary app, voted top 10 out of 425 apps in a pan-European competition hosted by Facebook in partnership with Seedrs.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to develop and improve existing NLP components of our platform. We are a small but fast moving team, working on challenging problems.
THINGS YOU WILL WORK ON:
- Machine learning based web crawler
- Filtering and document categorisation
- Named entity extraction
- Multi-document summarisation
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- A good understanding of machine learning and natural language processing fundamentals
- Ability to research and design novel ML/NLP algorithms
- Experience using NLP libraries like NLTK, scikit-learn and TensorFlow
- Some software engineering experience
- A Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or a relevant field preferable but not essential
A GLANCE AT OUR STACK:
- Python 3
- Kafka and ZeroMQ
- Postgresql and Elasticsearch
- Competitive salary + potential equity package
- Part of a great team – with the freedom to get the job done
- Flexible on where and when you work