Ectosense is health-tech company based in Leuven, Belgium with roots in the university’s (KU Leuven) signal processing research group and sleep lab. Our mission is to get the 2 billion people with a sleeping disorder into effective treatment. Our first and medically certified product is Airpatch, a hardware/analytics combination that offers the smallest, most convenient, yet accurate diagnostic test for sleep apnea. We will grow into an app-centred solution that helps people to restore their sleep, identifying sleep disorders early and guiding them into the correct treatment.
We work with a large network healthcare providers, insurers, and reimbursement agencies to bring along change in the clinical pathway of sleep disorder sufferers.
We are looking for a person that can start working with us in the summer of this year (August or September).
Duties and responsibilities
- The idea is simple: apart from our expertise in biomedical signal processing, we have little internal software development expertise. You will be the first person on the team fully dedicated to all software development related to our product offerings. You will be a fundamental part of the architecting and (re)development of the company’s back-end and front-ends, including:
- Our web-based portal where physicians can review diagnostic tests and treatment compliance
- Our smartphone application that will accompany our diagnostic Airpatch product but will also expand to include new independent features under a freemium model
- The back-end that will bring our diagnostic algorithms fully to the cloud
If you don’t span all these competencies, you will hire other developers either inside or outside the company, and manage them.
- You will assure the quality of our software and products through good design and testing according to ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 / and 21 CFR 820standards & guidelines.
- You will also help the organization transition into a GDPR, HIPAA and ISO 27001 compliant environment by either developing a compliant environment or working with third party service providers who’ve already done so. We give you the time and training to get up to speed in these standards that will increasingly become relevant within the mHealth ecosystem.
- You will work directly with our users to ensure that the software we build, fits their desires.
- 3-6 year of experience in Python
- You can work independently from a challenge to a solution. You enjoy both deepening and expanding your scope of software development capabilities.
- You are passionate about everything you do, and it’s fine if that doesn’t include healthcare (yet).
- You take pride in the work you deliver, you are hard-working and dedicated.
- You are geographically flexible to move your domiciliation to and work in Belgium, where we will require you to work at our physical offices.
- An inspiring work environment where autonomy is appreciated and where you can take a lead in growing our team and business.
- A net salary of € 2 000 – 3 000 (excluding travelling expenses, healthcare insurance) depending on prior work experience and remuneration.
- Stock-related incentives will be offered after a 6 month period on the team.
- We’re located right next to a 24/7 gym and sporting centre for which we offer membership and which we frequent often over lunch.
- Our offices are shared with another growing software start-up in the medical sector.
- Leuven is Belgium’s university city which houses many research institutes such as IMEC (also our investor), making it a vibrant and open-minded city.