This role is eligible for remote work for candidates in the following countries : Belgium, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to lead our privacy and compliance engineering team.
You will join a team of fellow engineers that nurture an engineering culture with its roots in diversity, inclusion and equality.
As a team we embrace a DevOps culture and have a can-do mentality. We own the products we build and support.
Our products are foundational to Nike’s business. This creates a dynamic environment where you develop and support local, technical and provisional services at scale.
We provide the flexibility and freedom you might expect from a start-up combined with the resources of an iconic brand.
We are looking for someone who combines craftsmanship with engineering pride. Your ability to listen and learn drives our innovation upon which we build together.
We expect you to lead by example and to be an ambassador of our engineering culture.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be working on technical solutions that serve other engineering or business-facing teams. These solutions abstract and simplify foundational capabilities like streaming, computing, storing and visualizing data as well as business automation.
We work in an agile environment where you balance the team’s commitments for new features against solving bugs and supporting users.
We build our products to run reliably and at scale. This means you will be asked to code your infrastructure and automatically build, test and deploy your creations.
You will be asked to provide support by writing documentation as well as providing guidance to users with a variety of technical skills.
As a Lead Engineer, you provide technical guidance and direction to your team. You are the main point of contact for the Technical Product Manager for exploring feature possibilities and validating the product roadmap.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be directly working with a team of dedicated engineers that work on the same solutions. You share your experience and technical expertise such that we improve on the longer-term technical strategic direction.
When offering the support you will communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities. You bring their experiences back to the Technical Product Manager and together we optimize the different product features to serve our users better.
You and the Technical Product Manager will work closely together in the design and implementation of new features.
You will also be working with the Scrum Master, who supports the team in the delivery process, providing guidance in maintaining a balance between feature development and support.
You will be reporting into the Engineering Manager of this area, who will guide you to grow and build your career path.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have professional credentials, and / or demonstrable expertise in Computer Science, Engineering, or Numerate Field
- You built and supported software or other technical products for the past 5 years
- You have experience in building RESTful services and infrastructure as code on AWS
- You have experience in working with CI / CD pipelines
- You have demonstrable skills in leading an engineering team with the accountability for ensuring that work is on track, required functionality and an effective user experience are delivered, and upstream and downstream interdependencies are accounted for, making certain that solutions delivered integrate effectively with adjacent solutions / technologies.
- You have experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, business, and marketing)
- You have demonstrable skills in providing guidance and or training in your work field / expertise
- You have demonstrable skills in Java or Node, React knowledge is nice to have
- You have the skills and desire to work and cooperate with colleagues all around the world
- You have excellent product documentation skills to be able to outline requirements and technical specifications
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.