Who we are: If you would like to know a bit more about this opportunity, or are considering applying, then please read the following job information. Winden is a financial technology start-up and we are building the future of business banking with custom financial tools and a vibrant community for over 40m solopreneurs in the United States. Our mission is to help small businesses and solopreneurs succeed by simplifying their finances with smarter products and services.
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven product designer who loves to learn new things on their own while getting things done.
- You are able to make progress towards collective goals with minimal guidance.
- You are comfortable with working in a fast-paced work environment.
- You are someone who prioritizes the team and the collective goals.
- You do not hesitate to ask for help when needed.
- You are passionate about building something of your own!
What You'll Do:
- Level up the design team by helping mentor other designers, defining processes as we scale, participating in designer interviews, and leading by example in how you operate on a team.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Customer Support to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Help define product requirements and drive a cross-functional team to launch.
- Collaborate with different partners to design features in accordance with your team's roadmap.
- Influence and align team members around a vision for your product, all the way up to the executive level.
- Effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
- Create and validate designs through sketches, prototypes, and testing.
- Determine the information architecture and flow for your product features.
- Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final design solutions.
- Work with Engineering to ensure quality implementation and user experience.
- Work with partners to help summarize and communicate research findings to inform our decisions and build even greater understanding of and empathy for our customers.
- Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team. Participate in weekly design syncs with the design team.
- Help maintain our design system with other product designers, and advocate for scalable design solutions.
- 5+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- Experience leading and mentoring other designers from the individual contributor role.
- Experience owning the end-to-end design for a product.
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Experience shipping high-quality product experiences.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Designers to execute on UX deliverables.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience validating design decisions through user/usability research.
What we offer: Competitive Salary Stock Paid time off Company Retreats100% Remote (Work from anywhere in the US)