CityTaps is a social start-up whose vision is running water in every urban home.
CityTaps has developed a service, CTSuite, that bridges the gap between water utilities and the urban poor: a prepayment service that integrates mobile payment systems with the world's only smart and prepaid water meter.
CTSuite helps water utilities become financially independent and able to invest in infrastructure to bring at-home water service to even the poorest residents.
Subscribers use mobile money to prepay for running water with any mobile phone, at any time, for any amount. CityTaps’ service is developed and operated by multinational team, based in Paris with support in our operation countries.
We are looking for an experience developer to lead our software developments, including back-ends (JS), front-ends (JS) and embedded software (C).
You will report to the CTO and your responsibilities will include:
- Contribution to the design and development of our softwares
- Act as a point of contact and reference regarding the software architecture, implementation and operation
- Define, share and enforce the methods and best practices with the team
- Build the technical vision to ensure quality and scalability
- Come up with ideas to accelerate the development of the project
- Bring a positive attitude to the team and contribute to the daily life of a startup
Stack & Work Methods
- Node.js + Express
- VueJs + Webpack
- Agile + TDD + Code review
- Continuing deployment
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Ability to work in both spoken and written English
- Experience in end-to-end service including IoT devices
- Experience in embedded development
- Experience in backend API development with node.JS
- Experience in web development and integration
- Knowledge of IP communications and scalability in Cloud architecture
- Devops skills are a plus
- Desire to work on tasks from beginning to end with a small team
- Interest in and passion for our mission and our social impact in developing countries