We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join FindHotel and help us push our data driven organisation to even higher levels. We are looking for someone with a strong background in machine learning, statistics and programming, and with a proven experience in applying machine learning to real business problems, particularly in the area of travel and e-commerce. The Lead Data Scientist will be leading end-to-end the development of data products that automate decision making in core business processes such as UX and product design, marketing, recommendations, and deal discovery.
People we like:
- Curious, not afraid to make mistakes and willing to question the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very strong sense of ownership. You have a can-do attitude and put pride into delivering value to our users and the company.
- Professional experience building end-to-end data products that produced a measurable impact on business performance metrics, preferably in a startup-like environment.
- Ability to work with very large datasets.
- Very good programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience using a variety of scientific computing and modeling tools (Python's data science stack, R, deep learning).
- Detail oriented, but practical enough to avoid perfectionist pitfalls.
People we love:
- 2+ years of relevant business experience, preferably in travel or e-commerce.
- Strong statistical knowledge.
- Comfortable working with big data technologies for Data Science, such as Apache Spark.
- Experience leading and coaching a team of data analysts, scientist and engineers.
- Experience with cloud computing solutions, in particular AWS.
- Experience working together with data engineers to deploy data products to production environments.
- Interest and willingness to learn about online marketing and travel.
- Motivated and driven to take responsibility and succeed in a start-up environment.