In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
Our engineering team consists of a group of 30 people (product leads, engineering leads, architects, product owners, front-end and back-end engineers, Data Scientists, QA engineers and UX/UI designers), all passionate about our expertise.
Within the engineering team, we are organized in multiple cross-functional teams. By applying for this role, you will have the opportunity to become part of the Data Engineering team as the Team Lead.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for all data related initiatives of our company from integrating with other suppliers, to organise and manage data pipelines, to deliver data-driven products.
About your role and impact in the Data Engineering team
HousingAnywhere has entered a scale-up phase in which we have seen impressive growth in terms of bookings and liquidity in the marketplace.
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for the team delivery, to support team members in everyday’s tasks and help them move forward in our career ladder.
We also expect you to challenge our choices and practices by bringing your opinion in the mix, because only by rethinking our best practices we can really evolve.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Together with the team PO, set the quarterly team goals and lead the team to deliver them
- Collaborate with the other architects, engineering teams and tech leads to align dependencies between teams and make sure best practices are followed
- Mentor team members, help define their career path at HousingAnywhere and support them in moving forward
- Be accountable for the data architecture of the whole platform
- Organise and manage data pipelines
- Worki together with data scientists to introduce new data-related features such as dynamic pricing suggestion for rooms, improved and personalised search ranking algorithm, etc.
- Monitor and improve the performance of the APIs
- Manage our services in Kubernetes cluster and through CI/CD
Sounds like a match? Apply and become part of our team!What we are looking for in a Data Architect/Data Engineering Lead
- A product-oriented person: you have the internal and final users in mind
- You take responsibility for the quality of your work, you like test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- You're a real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better
- You are pragmatic
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted and scaled as the business evolves
- Leadership capabilities
- Interest in new technologies
- You understand that maintainable code is simple code that makes intentions explicit
- Excellent experience in designing and maintaining microservice architecture and data pipelines
- Hands-on experience with at least one cloud service provider
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or a similar field is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome
- 7+ years of experience in the field. If you think you can do the job with fewer years experience, don’t hesitate to apply as well
- Previous experience in leadership positions
- Proven track record in managing data from platforms with millions of users is a big plus
- Friday drinks
- Being part of a company that is scaling up with millions of monthly visits, and thousands of paying customers
- A career ladder: a structured way to take control of your career and your growth within HousingAnywhere
- Competitive salary
- Budget for laptop and for training
- The possibility to have a real impact on the way people pay through the product
- Fun and international environment at the heart of Rotterdam. Our team consists of over 90+ people, with 25+ different nationalities.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary will match your experience.
- Starting: ASAP.
Questions? Email [email protected]