This job was posted on Worksome, the new platform for matching highly skilled independent consultants and freelancers with companies, bypassing recruiters at a 4% fee. Sign up now and directly contact the company!
JOB IN BRIEF
We are now looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our talented team. You will help to scale the platform as we increase the amount of vehicle data being streamed through Kinesis to our API backend. Building a solid ingestion infrastructure in AWS from querying third party API endpoints to storing and surfacing vehicle data to our customers through our own API servers.
The role is a contractor role for 3-6 months, but with the aim to transition to a regular fulltime employment with warrants if there's a fit both ways. Ideally, you're open to this model, but please also apply if you're only interested in contracting.
You’ll be a confident self-starter and comfortable with a lot of autonomy. You will be working with our data scientists and CTO to design and build platforms capable of ingesting and querying volumes of data that could run into the petabytes.
Who we’re looking for:
- Developed applications producing and consuming data from Kafka or Kinesis
- Other languages are a bonus: Python, Java, Ruby
- Hands-on use of big data in large projects using Spark or AWS Redshift
- Comfortable with both relational and non-relational database architectures
- Experience in building API servers (REST and others) and TCP/IP, HTTP
- Good understanding of AWS cloud technologies and deployment strategies (Gitlab pipelines and commandline tools)
- Experience with geospatial, telematics and/or vehicle data is a bonus
- Collaborative, willing to constantly learn and an attitude to "leave things better than you found them"