At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfil and deliver orders. Our goal is to exceed expectations by ensuring that all orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered where and when customers need them, and as quickly, accurately and cost-effectively as possible.
At Amazon Logistics we focus on the last mile of the delivery: we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service through the introduction of innovating new products and services in the last mile delivery space.
Our Delivery Services Providers Team (DSP) is searching for a motivated team member to join the team as a Account Manager. You will be responsible for supporting our third party Delivery Service Providers from the initial onboarding process, financial & compliance queries as well as all IT-system related questions. Using your insights and knowledge, you will contribute to further system & process improvements to make the onboarding experience as smooth as possible. Furthermore, you will act as an ambassador in the DSP organization to improve performance and profitability.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Effectively coordinating the relationship to last mile suppliers
· Securing and controlling last-mile capacity through data driven management of last-mile suppliers
· Improving driver experience and engagement
· Supervising performance and quality figures and statistics
· Responding to quality/performance issues with appropriate action plans
· Selection and growth of suppliers in your region for both new and existing business
· Negotiating and reviewing rates of our partners Supporting Delivery Operations when required, incl. as a senior escalation point
· Bachelor University degree (preferably logistics, engineering, economic sciences or equivalent)
· Fluency in Italian and English
· Excellent Excel knowledge
· Confident and skilled in using other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word)
· Master University degree (preferably logistics, engineering, economic sciences or equivalent)
· Good knowledge of SQL- programming and MS-Access Experience in dynamic or start up type environments is a plus
· First working experience in relevant fields (preferably in the logistics sector)
· Prior experience in supplier support
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.