What does Nodes & Links do?
Did you know that an ancient Roman Aqueduct had an initial cost of 12 million sesterces but ended up costing more than 30 million?
Big projects have always been problematic to humanity - we want to fix that.
We make DeepTech SaaS software to help people who deal with very large projects. Basically, if someone is building a nuclear plant or a large highway, they need a special kind of software to organize and prioritise their work.
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which complex, engineering projects are planned and delivered.
Our algorithms look at the project data and provide provide users with previously-unattainable insights. We do so at an unprecedented speed and ease, whilst promoting collaboration and information sharing within teams.
And this is only the beginning.
TechNation thinks we are one of the best AI start-ups in the UK, Construction Tech Review says we are one of the best start-ups in in the EU / UK and AWS views us as disruptors of the industry.
We are part of University of Oxford’s Creative Destruction Lab and Entrepreneur First alumni. We recently won the Risk Innovation’ award from CIR, and have been shortlisted for AI product and innovation awards at CogX and by the British Construction Industry.
Having secured our Series A funding (yippee ) we are looking to grow our team at an accelerated pace so that we can match our ever-growing demand.
We currently have an Engineering team of 12, divided between Data Scientists and Developers. Data Scientists are responsible for creating the AI, with Developers responsible for the platform and its broader infrastructure.
Our product is hosted in AWS, and we have a natural tendency for the state-of-the-art.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded and ambitious start up in a dynamic and mission-driven environment, leading the growth from a start-up to a fully-fledged organisation.
You will also be helping to solve one of the oldest problems of mankind and potentially save the economy billions - not bad right?
What will you do in the role?
You will handle feature deliveries end-to-end!
- Be the PO for a remote team of 5-6 people.
- Elicit requirements from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivate with your vision.
- Organise what needs to be done.
- Communicate with all levels in the company.
We run Scrum with Two-Week sprints and we have some influences from Extreme Programming. We use Jira for work management.
We're looking for someone with :
- 1-3 years professional experience
- Technical background, ideally Computer Science or Data Science
- Have shipped at least 1 product
- Comfortable working remotely within European Time zones
- A natural communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Love for studying and learning! Seriously, this is a complicated domain and you will need to study a lot!
- Our user base is small in number, but each of them is very valuable, so establishing good relationships with them is a must
We’re also excited if you have :
- Start-up experience (VC-backed and / or Growth stage)
- B2B experience
- Experience in working with Data Scientists and the full breadth of Development (Design, QA etc)
What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and drive for growth, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Fully Remote / Distributed - European Time Zones
We are :
- Hard working but not workaholic
- Ambitious to be a world-leading expert company
- Explorers. Data is our compass and innovation our destination
- We are independent thinkers. We are not afraid of looking where no one else is
- Team players. We believe the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts
- We have strong opinions, weakly held
- Continuously evolving the way we do things. Even our #donut dates
Nodes & Links is an equal opportunity employer : we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status
- Fully remote / distributed working
- Competitive Salary