Are you a budding wordsmith ready to kickstart your career and become our future content marketing ninja? If giving power back to the consumer by using your amazing copywriting skills is like music to your ears, join us on our scaleup journey to becoming Belgium’s most popular fintech platform.
At TopCompare.be, we help people save money and make the best choices about personal finance. Our educational content and free, comprehensive and independent comparison tools enable people to find the right product at the best price. This way we give the power back to the consumer. We are growing rapidly since our launch in 2015 and are already the nr. 1 banking comparison platform in Belgium. Every year, we help over 1.5 million Belgians save time and money.
TopCompare.be is part of CompareEuropeGroup, Europe’s leading financial comparison platform headquartered in London. As part of this group, we are backed by EUR 20 million of funding from Nova Founders Capital, Ace&Company and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs such as Peter Thiel and Mark Pincus. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 150 partners in Europe, state-of-the-art technology and marketing platforms as well as strong management teams.
You create content that helps develop our thought leader position in personal finance.
- Write personal finance content of outstanding quality for our website (blog articles, newsletters, how-to guides) and other media (guest posts, PR, advertorial) based on market and product research
- Update and improve existing articles and translate content into your native language
- Establish and maintain strong content partnerships with 3rd party websites
- Help the Content Manager with PR outreach, building trust with key media and journalists/influencers
- Contribute to finding innovative ways of building a powerful brand around our mission to help people make smarter choices about money
- Animate our social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and build our community
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Be part of a flat hierarchy and start-up culture which means a lot of responsibility from day one and building out your knowledge and skills very quickly
- Get constant support from and exposure to the management team, reporting to the Marketing Director
- Be part of a great working atmosphere in a team of smart, entrepreneurial and highly motivated people who enjoy regular team breakfasts, ‘Friesdays’ and afterwork drinks
Requirements and skill set
- Creative, analytical, detail-oriented and organized, strong communicator, team player, innovative, ambitious, curious, ready to take responsibility for your own results
- Passionate about writing with demonstrable copywriting and editorial skills
- 2 to 5 years of academic background within journalism, communication, marketing, business or similar
- Native level French and/or Flemish, fluent in English (written and orally)
- Knowledge of the French-speaking Belgian media landscape and media contacts are a plus
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a nice-to-have but not a must
- Curious about the financial services sector