Meshcloud is on a mission to build a european and open alternative to the oligopoly of american cloud computing behemoths. We operate a federated public cloud service based on open-source technology. We help our customers avoid vendor lock-in and implement powerful hybrid cloud scenarios. Our unique federation technology enables us to operate and interconnect isolated clouds that we jointly operate with european datacenter providers.
We are looking for a junior software developer to join our team located in Offenbach, Germany. The backend of our federation technology is responsible for maintaining user identity and authorization as well as management of projects, resources and billing over different cloud locations and platforms. You will play a key-role in the further development of our technology and be guided by our experienced team of engineers.
The ideal candidate for this role must
- have experience with the Java Programming language and standard libraries
- have prior experience working with web applications or APIs (HTTP)
- have experience with relational databases (SQL) or document databases (MongoDB)
- be comfortable working with git or mercurial version control
At Meshcloud we believe in and support continuous self-improvement and development of new skills.
We consider the following skills and experiences a bonus:
- other programming languages, frameworks and technologies
- experience working with Cloud Foundry, OpenStack or Kubernetes
- container-based deployment and development environment (Docker)
- distributed databases like Elastic Search, Redis and similar technologies
- OAuth2 and related protocols like OpenId Connect
- contributions to Open Source projects and programming communities like Stackoverflow
- work in a startup environment with a passionate and talented team
- participate in regular code review to learn and improve your skills
- lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- free snacks in the office (water, coffee, fruits, sweets)
Please send a short cover letter including your resume with any references to prior work, open-source projects or your Stackoverflow profile to email@example.com