The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
- Designing APIs for common components and libraries
- Building, integrating, & maintaining internal & open-source tools ➡ here’s an example
- Project & technical leadership of multi-quarter, cross-functional initiatives that impact the entire front-end domain
- Collaborating with product engineers to resolve pain points & improve overall developer experience
- Maintaining and improving our CI / Continuous Deployment pipeline
- Identifying, integrating & maintaining appropriate external libraries
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Sharing knowledge proactively & writing crystal clear documentation in case that bus ever comes around
- Experience with maintaining and extending complex project build configurations
- Experience creating robust and maintainable APIs
- Comfortable working with a very large codebase and with many development teams
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with GraphQL servers and/or GraphQL clients
- Experience working with babel, webpack and/or linter plugins or similar libraries
- Production level experience with ReactJS & Redux
- You excel at communicating objectives as well as complex technical concepts
- You are a natural at consensus building and decision making
- You work proactively to structure and organize your projects
- You enjoy working with great people in an open-office environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 15+ million researchers worldwide.
You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can get an honest impression of the working style of your future team.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.