The Engineering Team
We believe making great products should be enjoyable and rewarding. Our teams are self organising – most use scrum, kanban or a hybrid approach that gives them the best chance to meet their collective goals. Each team has specialists in dev, test, (sometimes hardware too) and deployment who work together to create fantastic business outcomes for our customers.
We have hack days 6 times a year, with small yet perfectly formed prizes, but mostly we do it for fun, to learn, and to prototype cool ideas that might help our customers.
Of course we have deadlines, but we love what we do and we celebrate our success regularly.
The person we are looking for
We are looking for engineers with a real passion for understanding customer needs and writing high quality solutions that meet them. You love writing code and getting things done.
We anticipate that you will:
- Be experienced working in agile environments
- Be a keen advocate of modern techniques including but not restricted to Behaviour Driven Development, test automation, continuous delivery, infrastructure as code.
- Appreciate the need to deliver great customer outcomes whilst ensuring our platforms continue to evolve in a sustainable way.
The Hub Team…
As a member of our Hub team you will have the opportunity to work with most of the systems that make up Masabi’s JustRide platform. From the retail server that allows customers to purchase tickets, to our validation devices that check if tickets are valid (like gate scanners or handheld devices), the continuous flow of data presents a number of very interesting challenges. How do we store it? How do we search it? How do we visualise it? Most importantly, how can we help our customers make sense from the data and drive high value, highly visible changes to their transit networks, and keep people moving?
If you enjoy collaborating with smart people and want to make a difference by revolutionising the way people get around, Hub is the team for you.
Our current live stack uses the following:
- Java 8 / DropWizard / Spring / Jersey
- Hibernate / MySQL
- JUnit / Gatling / Appium / TestNG / Spock
- Git / Bamboo/ Gradle / Maven / Artifactory / Puppet / Docker
- Fully cloud hosted, Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure
- AWS services used include S3, SQS, CloudFormation, RDS, EC2, IoT