BrightTALK brings professionals and businesses together to learn and grow. Over 7 million professionals engage with 75,000 free talks and 1,000 online summits to discover new technologies, learn from trusted experts and grow their careers. Thousands of businesses acquire and inspire their ideal audience with BrightTALK's AI-powered content and demand marketing platform.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Java Developer to join BrightTALK’s software engineering department, working in our Content team based in central London. The Content team is responsible for building and maintaining core platform functionality enabling the creation and management of live streaming webinars to an audience of over seven million industry professionals.
We’re a bright, close-knit and hard-working team, working on unique and interesting challenges that keep us continually learning and improving. We strive for excellence but understand pragmatic business needs and balance these to build the most suitable software to get the job done. We believe in a strong team-driven output, and mentor each other continually to be our best selves; there’s always something new to learn.
Our office is light and airy with loads of break-out spaces, a continual supply of fresh fruit, pool table, and as much quality coffee as you can consume from our Italian coffee machine. We’ll provide you with a new Mac, as many screens as you need, the tools you want and the flexible working options that suits you, if you bring the brainpower and dedication to make us even better.
You will be responsible for all backend services relating to the Content platform, and be able to collaborate effectively with other team members, understanding that quality code is a shared responsibility.
- Working collaboratively within a project and team
- Shared responsibility for building and maintaining a complex technical stack requiring
- High availability and scalability considerations
- Working in a flat structure where development, QA and product design are one very close-knit team
- Working under their own initiative and providing proactive feedback to the development team and managers.
Expertise or Qualifications:
- Excellent design and programming skills using Java 8 and Spring Boot, Web MVC, JDBC, JPA, Servlets, Bean Validation and JMS (2+ years business experience)
- A strong database skill-set and knowledge of optimised schemas and SQL queries
- Proven ability to take on challenges independently and design new solutions to previously unforeseen requirements and challenges
- Proven experience working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, performant and high quality products
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of SaaS (Software as a Service) environments
- Exposure to RESTful web APIs and a service oriented architecture
- Experience in Linux environments, Shell scripting etc.
- Working with XML and JSON including parsing, asserting / matching and extracting
- Version control including Git branch and merge strategies
Why we like working at BrightTALK
- Friendly, talented, collaborative and entrepreneurial teams
- Generous and comprehensive benefits
- Generous holiday policy with a flexible schedule
- Beautiful London office close to Liverpool Street Station
- Regular company sponsored social events
- Training allowance and opportunities to innovate
- Team building and volunteering opportunities
- Stock options in our business
- We LOVE recognising our people and award trips to our global offices for quarterly program winners