About the company
IWG is the global operator of leading workspace providers. Our companies help more than 2.5 million people and their businesses to work more productively. We do so by providing a choice of professional, inspiring and collaborative workspaces, communities and services.
Digitalisation and new technologies are transforming the world of work. People want the personal productivity benefits of living and working how and where they want. Businesses want the financial and strategic benefits. Our customers are start-ups, small and medium-sized enterprises, and large multinationals. With unique business goals, people and aspirations. They want workspaces and communities to match their needs. They want choice.
Through our companies we provide that choice, and serve the whole world of work: Regus, Spaces, No18, HQ and Signature. All of them harness the power of flexible working to increase their productivity, efficiency, agility and market proximity.
We are undertaking one of the biggest IT transformation programmes for our industry in the world, building an IT innovation hub in Barcelona and taking on best in class IT talent to deliver new digital propositions and capabilities to embrace the latest cloud-based architecture.
Our aim is to become a “Digital First” organisation, creating business value through process automation and integrated commerce engines to best utilise our own and networked assets, whilst also accelerating growth through data and analytics from our sites, customers and suppliers.
Join us at
The Head of Data is responsible for defining and overseeing the overall data architecture across a large multi-national organisation and leads the data management initiatives across the application landscape.
In addition, this person defines and implements the data strategy and roadmap for the entirety of the company’s global operations.
- Supports the definition and implementation of data workstreams in different projects requiring it.
- Ensures process and usage consistency and champions best practices in data management
- Oversees data accuracy processes, goals and assessment
- Ensures resolution of data conflicts between systems and within systems’ data universe
- Works with internal stakeholders to develop strategies for leveraging data to gain a deeper insight into the business
- Maintains and ensures adherence to business policies regarding data protection and data security. Oversees data expiry practices and establishes and implements processes for data archival and expiry
- Supports the definition and implementation of the user experience with data and reporting tools
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- BSc (Engineering, Computer Science or related) required, MSc or above preferred
- Demonstrable experience working in data architecture, data management and, ideally, reporting
- Proficiency in data architecture, data modelling, industry standards
- Proficiency in Data management practices
- Cloud (Azure) data integration a big plus
- Proficiency in SQL and reporting a must, MS-SQL strongly preferred
- Knowledge of BI platforms
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
- Excellent English communication and executive level presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Good commercial understanding and awareness
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial ‘tech-start-up’ team culture. Strong sense of individual drive, responsibility and motivation.