Plum is powered by automation, and acts like an autopilot for your money. You sit at the controls, with smart spending analytics and budgeting tools to help you set your financial destination. Plum gets you there safely, so you don’t need to remember things like setting money aside, getting the best deal on household bills.
Plum’s making your savings and investments work for you..
Here’s What We’re Trying To Tackle
- 11.5m people in the UK have less than £100 in savings
- 90% of UK savings accounts pay less than inflation
- £4bn lost to the loyalty penalty every year
- 2/3 of UK adults say money stress has affected the health or wellbeing of someone they know.
In 4 years, we've grown from 2 co-founders sharing a rusty desk in Soho, to a brilliant, hard-working team of 90+, with offices in London (HQ) Athens and Nicosia. Now, with more than 1M people already using Plum across the UK, Ireland, France and Spain, we could use a little help and that might be where you come in!
Plum on iOS
We’re looking for a a customer-focussed iOS engineer to join our engineering team in London or Remotely from countries with similar time zone (+/- 2 hours). Plum has been featured multiple times by Apple, has been named App of the Day and currently rated 4.7 stars with 21,000 ratings. You'll be building Plum on iOS from its early days, giving our current and prospective customers a more intimate way to interact with their money.
Our Engineering Approach
We value good engineering principles, imagination, quirkiness and healthy curiosity. We take a conservative approach to using external frameworks and we aspire to write simple, well-tested code, delivered in rapid iterations.
How We Work
We work in "squads" – a more startup-appropriate name for saying small, cross-functional teams. Each squad has a mission and a set of KPIs to monitor and improve. As an engineer you'll be working in a squad but you can also reach out to and work with anyone in the company. You will also be a part of a Mobile engineering team, a team consisting of Mobile Product Engineers who share the same vision and passion of building an exceptional mobile team that will help people be financially better off.
What We Look For
Technical knowledge is critical but we are a startup treading in uncharted territory so attitude is even more important. We're looking for people that like uncertainty and want to figure out how to do things that haven’t been done before. You're a true team player and inherently positive. Where others see problems, you see solutions.
Value You Will Bring
You want to build a product that makes people better off
- You’re excited about programming in Swift and up-to-date with the latest iOS technologies
- Yet, you still have intimate knowledge of the full iOS stack
- You have experience shipping and iterating on an app in the App Store
- You’re a designers best friend.
- You love being part of the design process and enjoy turning the design into a well crafted, delightful experience
- You’re a product person too — you understand the value and impact of your work
- You go the extra mile to add the awesome sprinkles
Bonus Fist-bumps ????
- If you have experience in continuous integration setup and automation
- Taken part in open source projects
- Experience with backend technologies
- What To Expect From Our Hiring Process
At Plum, we value a lot the time you devote to the hiring process, this is why we are always trying to make the process as fast and smooth as possible.
- 30 min. Call with our Recruitment Team. So we understand better your career plan and what motivates you. ⚙️
- 45 min. Call with our Mobile Chapter Lead. Brief technical discussion about the role and your skills.
- You will be given a task for us to better to understand your skills. No hard deadlines! 90 min.
- Consisting of two steps:
- Call with two people from our iOS team. We'll go over the task and introduce you to your future colleagues and to get a glimpse of Plum's culture.
- Call with a Designer and a Product or Engineering manager for you to understand the business and envision yourself as part of Plum.
Offer, Plum's Perks
- Join one of the hottest fintech startups in London
- We're all in this together!
- Own part of the company through stock options
- 25 days holiday a year, excluding bank holidays (33 in total).
- Work from our Athens or Nicosia office (almost) whenever you want
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year ✈️
- Annual training budget
- Free Plum Ultra subscription1 paid leave for volunteering.
- We admire people who would like to contribute to their society
- An office brimming with fruit & snacks, coffee, plants, and a vibe that’s
If you think this sounds like a bit of you then don’t hesitate to get in touch!