As our lives move from the physical to the virtual, gamers need a platform to share their digital experiences to meet and connect with peers. There are 2.5bn gamers worldwide, playing an average of 1h/day. Both numbers experience double digit growth.
Mainstream “real life” social platforms get gaming equivalents. Twitch is the YouTube of gaming. Discord is the Slack of gaming. But no one has built the Instagram of gaming: a platform focused on game clips, i.e. short videos of one’s gameplay.
Powder is the Instagram of gaming. Through specialized tools, we let gamers import their gameplay from PC, consoles (Xbox, PS4, Switch) or mobile. We let them edit it: trimming, visual + sound effects, overlays, zoom in/out, fast/slow motion, etc. And we let them share it, with our community or outside the app: Snap, TikTok, Instagram... Share clips. Make friends. Play with them. Repeat.
Powder is a deep tech startup. Our AI detects highlights from hours of gameplay, to help users trim and edit clips. It’s the engine behind our feed. Our team comprises four AI professionals, and we have several patents ranging from in-game highlights detection to emotions detection in the context of a mobile platform.
Powder is booming. In four months, we’ve created a 60k community on Discord and Instagram. 150+ people volunteer on the project. Our open beta lasted only 2 weeks – that’s the time it took to reach TestFlight’s 10k users limit. We’ve reached 1k five-stars ratings on the US Store in 10 days. And we’re just getting started.
Powder has raised €1.8m+ from leading Silicon Valley investors who have invested at early stages in Stripe, Airbnb or Snapchat. Members of our 15-people strong team have previously worked with Zenly, Lydia, Mindie, PandaScore, Artomatix, Nike and BCG, and have raised over €10m and sold multiple companies in the past.
Role & responsibilities - iOS Developer
- Design and build the iOS version of Powder;
- Collaborate with the product team to define app features;
- Ensure quality and performance of application;
- Run unit tests of code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability;
- Work on bug fixing and on improving the application performance;
- Maintain the application code base;
- Design and implement application updates;
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 5+ years of experience developing iOS apps;
- Having published several apps on the App Store;
- Proficient in Swift, Objective-C and the iOS toolchain;
- Extensive experience with iOS First party Frameworks, such as AVFoundation, Core Animation;
- Proficient in code versioning tools like Git;
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs (RxSwift, FacebookSDK);
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging;
- Experience with continuous integration;
- Ability to take initiative and employ good judgment;
- Interest in startups and Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
To apply, send an email with your CV and a list of apps you’ve worked on to Barthélémy Kiss ([email protected]).