We are seeking an experienced London-based Director to add to our Investment team. The Director will work specifically in our Investment Partnership team, which is responsible for delivering “venture capital as a service” to select financial institutions. The Director role will work on one to two Investment Partnerships, including sourcing investment opportunities, managing portfolio companies and stakeholders and making decisions on the deployment of capital. The successful candidate will have experience in either investing in financial services technology startups.
- Play a leading role in relationship management of the Investment Partnership client team, including regular (weekly) status meetings with the client on market trends, deal flow and insights.
- Drive the evaluation of investment opportunities, working closely with Anthemis Investment team associates. Evaluation includes product market fit and proposed business model, competitor landscape, assessment of company founders and a review of the risk, rewards and financial and strategic potential for each investment.
- Generate deal flow to match investment thesis and regularly attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies.
- Prepare quarterly reports to Investment Partnership management board, including updates on deal flow, market research and trends and status of investments (product updates, changes in mark-to-market, etc.).
- Play a supporting role in the negotiation for transactions including valuation setting and negotiation of terms.
- Work closely with portfolio companies to shape success, and identify opportunities and gaps that can be addressed via Anthemis’ ecosystem.
- As required, work closely with business unit heads at Investment Partner client, helping to educate them on the investment thesis, with appreciation for and understanding of their existing core business and revenue models.
- At least 5 years of experience working in venture capital, preferably in financial services or related verticals.
- Ability to extract and synthesize signals and trends in technology-related financial services.
- Strong analytical skills, technical skills a plus.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between Investment Partner client and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectually curious and team-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Possible travel (1 – 2 trips/month in Europe).
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching & Group Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary benefit
- Holidays - it's important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays, so a total of 33 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, pamper sessions and office snacks to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
To apply please visit https://www.workable.com/j/D7F1825EB9