At JD.com, our goal is to become the World's most trusted company. JDers live by a simple set of shared values that define our company culture: Customer First, Integrity, Collaboration, Gratitude, All In and Ownership. We believe through technology we can create a more productive and sustainable world....and we want YOU to be a part of this.
Of course JD.com is mostly known outside of Europe in Asia, but we are on a mission to change that. The European-American Business Unit is currently working on a new and exciting innovation project, tasked at creating a new omni-channel concept to emulate the incredible success and growth already seen in various countries across Asia. We are currently hiring for multiple roles, so if you think you have what it takes to be a JDer, then get ready to be a part of something BIG.
We are looking for Assistant Buyer Intern at junior level to join our team based in Amsterdam.
What's the role?
As a member of the Buying & Merchandising Team, you will assistant senior buyer for the supply chain function within your assigned department. Through forecasting & stock management, you will help the senior buyer to secure a product pipeline that is lean and profitable. You will assist senior buyer, in many cases introducing them to JD.com for the first time.
The responsibilities will be order handling, order follow up and order quantification. You will help to develop and execute a sourcing strategy based on market knowledge and analysis, with the goal of bringing only the best products at amazing prices to our customers. Sales data analysis will be another key area of your everyday job.
So what does it take to be a JDer? A JDer is someone who is dedicated to our Core Values:
Customer First Our number 1 priority and focus. We see customers as part of the family.
Integrity Do things the right way. Be honest, respectful & trustworthy.
Collaboration Share knowledge & experience. Build relationships for the long-term.
Gratitude Happiness through appreciation and opportunity. Don't take anything for granted.
All In Leave nothing on the pitch. Give it everything you've got, and you can't lose.
Ownership Act like it's your business. Can do won't quit attitude.
More than just an average assistant buyer intern role, you will be part of something bigger. As a relatively small project team, you will be working closely alongside other JDers who are based both locally and in Beijing. These include our wonderful Product Management, Marketing, Operations, and Logistics team, who are all working towards growing our business into a globally recognized platform. We offer a dynamic atmosphere and a sharing & coaching environment.
- Self-learning ability to think strategically and act tactically. Full of passion and innovative spirit.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and balance various assignments
-Purchasing background preferred
- basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Wholesale, Retail, or Ecommerce business acumen.
- Comfortable in a self-starter environment and the ability to work in a fast-paced organization with other cross-functional team members.
- Ability to be agile and flexible with working hours as necessary with a start-up business.
Why JD.com? (benefits)
- Competitive salary & benefits package including 25 days annual leave + "13 Month" bonus structure.
- Flexible working environment. We expect a lot from you so in return you can expect our trust and support.
- Autonomy. Be a part of this incredible "start-up" style project, backed by one of the biggest internet companies in the world.
- Be inspired by continuous technology advancements, working towards a more productive & sustainable World.
- The opportunity to work and develop your skills amongst diverse and motivating individuals.
If you're ready for a new challenge and would like to apply for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please be sure to include with your application a cover letter, detailing why you think you would be a good fit for this role and JD.com