Meshcloud is on a mission to build a european and open alternative to the oligopoly of american cloud computing behemoths. We operate a federated public cloud service based on open-source technology. We help our customers avoid vendor lock-in and implement powerful hybrid cloud scenarios. Our unique federation technology enables us to operate and interconnect isolated clouds that we jointly operate with european datacenter providers.
We are looking for a polyglot all round-engineer to join our team located in Offenbach, Germany. You will be working on the integration of a variety of open source cloud computing tools with Meshcloud’s core technology and platform.
The ideal candidate for this role must:
- have prior experience contributing to open source projects on GitHub and similar platforms
- experience in scripting languages (e.g Python, Ruby) and compiled languages (e.g. Go, Java)
- solid understanding of administrative tasks on Unix based systems
- be comfortable working with git or mercurial version control
At Meshcloud we believe in and support continuous self-improvement and development of new skills.
We consider experience working with any of the following technologies a bonus:
- other programming languages, frameworks and technologies
- Cloud Foundry, OpenStack or Kubernetes cloud platforms
- configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet
- deployment orchestration tool such as Ansible, Spinnaker or Terraform
- federated identity and authentication protocols like LDAP, SAML etc.
- work in a startup environment with a passionate and talented team
- a wide array of technologies and challenges to work with
- lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- free snacks in the office (water, coffee, fruits, sweets)
Please send a short cover letter including your resume with any references to prior work, open-source projects or your Stackoverflow profile to email@example.com