The job holder shall control during the Execution Phase, the work done by:
* EPcm Planning & Reporting Team who will be dedicated to main contracts & purchase orders scheduling and progress measurement activities,
* Main Logistics Contractor Planning & Reporting leader who will be dedicated to Logistics scheduling and progress measurement activities,
* Other contractors Planning & Reporting team activities as need may arise,
The job holder shall be also be in charge of the integration of all local permitting activities (ESIA, Societal, Land acquisition, …) and associated planning related to development project in Uganda and in Tanzania and to assist the Project management in any decision relating to planning issues.
* As a general manner, to provide assistance to the Project Management for all matters related to scheduling, progress & reporting and to manage all these activities in close coordination with Future contractors (EPcm Contractor, Construction and Logistic contractor, etc, …)
* To develop, implement and maintain procedures, means and tools in order to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the scheduling, progress control and reporting activities across the Project.
* To complete as necessary the Project Work Breakdown Structure to comply with Project needs in terms of progress control and reporting, for all phases of the Project.
* To develop, update and revise the overall integrated Project Schedules as required by Project Management, and to provide analyses and simulations of new schedules also as required.
* To incorporate with the overall integrated Project schedule, all the permitting activities for both Uganda and Tanzanian permitting regulations,
* To update, complete and review weekly and monthly reports structures complying with project, partners and authorities needs.
* To ensure that, during the Execution phase:
- EPcm Planning Team Management organizes, coordinates, supervises and controls all the planning activities, by informing, supporting and directing EPcm team members in their roles, responsibilities and objectives.
- EPcm Planning Team reviews and comments other contractors' procedures and schedules, scheduling and progress control methodology, and monitors contractors' execution schedule, checks and approves contractors' progress measurement and progress reports.
- EPcm Reporting Team ensures the development of detailed and accurate weekly and monthly reports (and any other reports as required) during all phases of the Project
- Same as above shall also apply to other contracts including the Main Logistic Contract Planning & reporting Team
* To ensure consolidation of Uganda & Tanzanian contents man-hours from all contracts.
* To timely report to Project Control Manager, highlighting progress, opportunities and encountered areas of concern.
* To gather "Lessons Learnt" related to scheduling, progress control, reporting matters and provide feedback to other project entities, partners & company organisation as required.
* To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
* To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to Ethics and project "code of conduct" policy
* To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
* To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The project is aiming at a Ready For Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 36 months after FID.
The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing
In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Degree : Engineer (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline
Minimum 10-20 years of experience in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large scale projects & environment. Perfect knowledge of Primavera requested
Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).