Alcatel Submarine Networks , part of Nokia, leads the industry in terms of transmission capacity and installed base with more than 650,000 km of optical submarine systems deployed worldwide, enough to circumnavigate the globe 15 times.
Ensures industrialization and introduction of new high reliability products into production (submerge and terrestrial) / Provides specification and tooling to ensure products can be reliably and consistently assembled and tested.
- Works closely with SED to ensure products are designed for ease of manufacturing and produced reliably and performs consistently.
- Evaluates prototype parts / assembly of new designs and provide feedback to SED on various issues to aid assembly procedure and design.
- Defines and designs tooling and equipment required to simplify the assembly of the product.
- Reviews and validates contract documentation (Drawings, Bill of Materials) prior to release.
- Attend / lead products New Process Introduction (NPI) meetings and provide inputs into the minutes. Issue minutes meetings.
- Ensures assembly procedures are approved and issued prior to Design Release to Manufacture meeting.
- Writes build and process specifications for new products ensuring they can be easily understood.
- Ensures that tooling / equipment are procured and validated / comissioned to meet development and production plans.
- Defines standard build times for each assembly process and maintain Reference Ops on the SAP system.
- Oversees / supervises production personnel during first off build of qualification units.
- Provides production support for new product start-ups and day-to-day support.
- Provides practical application of mechanical, production, industrialization and design knowledge to solve problems.
- Instructs and advises operators in the assemble of the development and production units.
- Writes Extra Work Authorization (EWA) for product investigations.
- Reviews Investigation Request (IR) and defines corrective actions to maintain production build.
- Constantly reviews and analyzes production processes to improve efficiency, down time, reject rates and reduce standard times and cost.
- Conducts production processes audits on procedures to ensure all are compliant.
- Leads / participates in variety of Kaizen projects to reduce waste, improve standard build times and reduce production cost.
Education, Knowledge and Experience required for the job:
- Engineering degree or equivalent (mechanical, industrial, production).
- Ability to make reliability engineering judgments under pressure
- Experience in a technical and/or manufacturing environment
- Organized, disciplined & methodical approach to problem solving
- Motivated with strong interpersonal & team skills
- Sound practical experience with Excel and Word