Who are we?
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
Our HQ is in London, UK with 5 additional global offices in India, Mexico and the US.
BlueOptima’s technology is deployed by global enterprises to drive value from their software development activities. We work with 12 of the Fortune 50 Companies, 4 of the top 10 biggest banks by Market Capital and 6 of the S&P 50 Companies (by revenue).
Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Who are we looking for?
We now have an excellent opportunity for an independent, driven candidate to own the legal function as our In-house Counsel. The function of the role is principally to support the growing volume of SaaS agreements with our enterprise clients and to help build the legal framework and infrastructure to support rapid business growth.
You should be an independent and self-sufficient individual looking to further your career in a multi-location, rapid-growth company headquartered in London. Ideally, you will have significant experience in commercial law at one of the larger UK based firms specialising in English & Welsh Law as well as US law, specifically New York jurisdiction. This is an excellent opportunity to take control of your own hours of work with a hybrid remote working model in place already, establish key legal process's, and become a key component of BlueOptima's current 100% YOY growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the sales and customer success teams in all aspects of contracting including NDA's, GDPR and crucially the closing of MSA's
- Manage the contracting process from engagement, through negotiation to a successful close
- Lead the effort to resolve the majority of client queries and concerns in contract negotiations, including collaboration with internal stakeholders on specific areas of concern
- Take ownership of the maintenance and improvement of contract management processes and systems as well as the implementation and enforcement of contract policies
Candidate Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years experience in the corporate department of a leading city or regional firm or comparable in-house environment
- Strong technical knowledge of the legal framework of a corporate transaction and key areas of corporate law
- Experience with data privacy rules, contracts and negotiating Data Processing Agreements
- Experienced in leading client-facing contract negotiations from engagement to close whilst clearly explaining standard agreement terms and negotiating the companies fall back position to the counter-party
- Excellent oral and written communication and drafting skills. A key element is understanding the impact of compliance obligations, contact terms and explaining this clearly to internal and external stakeholders alike
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to balance multiple projects and contracts during the week
- Self-starter with a commitment to learning new skills
- Qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials specialising in English and US Law (New York State)
Why work for us?
- Develop your working knowledge of additional aspects of the law whilst utilising your significant experience with corporate law
- Part of a tight-knit company, where your efforts have a significant contribution and are recognised and rewarded
- Interest in working in a challenging, high growth start-up environment
- Profitable growth at 100% YoY - revenue and company headcount
- Inclusive and collaborative working culture
Perks & Benefits
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual company-wide global meetups (past locations: Cancun, Mexico & Goa, India)
- New, modern open-plan office in easily accessible central London location
- Actively supporting personal professional development with a personal learning budget and mentorship
- Brand new top of the range equipment (touchscreen laptops!), perfect for working in the office or remotely
- Friday get to know each other drinks and snacks
- Ping-Pong & (quiet) Table Football in the office