Want to redefine how entire industries work by leveraging IoT, Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0? Would you like to be part of the success of a digital solution which will revolutionize manufacturing process to improve shopfloor performance? If your answer is a big yes, you should continue reading!
With HQ in Berlin, FactoryPal is a recently established corporate Start-Up – with additional locations in Porto/Portugal and Green Bay/USA. The new venture is poised to become the leading end to end IoT solution for machine efficiency and equipment effectiveness. The digitally enabled solution is not just completely reshaping, how companies produce and elevate their efficiency levels, but at the same time is fundamentally augmenting the way how manufacturing employees do their job.
We are data scientists, engineers, designers, IIoT experts, product managers, and manufacturing operations consultants. We are a team, united by our shared ambition: revolutionize manufacturing and transform the way it is done to ensure smooth operations.
Become part of an amazing journey and successfully accompany our customers in their Digital Factory efforts!
Your role in our team
You have the technical lead responsibility to develop and implement the end-to-end Industrial IoT integration solution in FactoryPal’s customer projects. With your hands-on approach, you shape, form and drive the integration stack for our FactoryPal solution suite with a focus on the integration solutions with our customer's machine park and their enterprise systems. By combining your strong IT and OT background including a thorough understanding of IIoT-leveraged manufacturing operations, you act as the Go-To person for all technical integration matters.
You are the mastermind of FactoryPal’s integration approach between our IIoT platform and our customer's machine network as well as their application landscape considering exchange of machine data, ERP/MES integration, including also IT security matters.
In this role, you report to the Project Shared Services Manager and you closely interact with other teams in FactoryPal, which deliver our SaaS solution to the customer - mainly the Shopfloor Consulting and Product Management teams, but also Machine Connectivity, Application Engineering and Data Science teams.
- You are in close contact and consult key customer and partner IT/OT stakeholders as we integrate FactoryPal’s solutions with their IT and OT landscapes.
- You develop, explore and analyze various integration scenarios and derive actionable insights to build out our standard integration layer and the respective solution stack considering integrity, scalability, performance, and security aspects.
- You visit customer factories to support end-to-end FactoryPal installation and implementation work as well as during integration testing phases.
- You define and develop processes, code tools and applications as well as develop the data model as you build out our integration solution, competence and team in our organization.
- You collaborate seamlessly with our Product and Engineering Teams as well as partnering Machine Manufacturers in order to understand and identify the optimum approach to integrate machines, systems and cloud setups.
- You create and sustain trustworthy customer and partner relationships with your counterparts in IT & Technology leadership roles by explaining and demonstrating our solutions in customer presentations & meetings – e.g. Technology directors, IT directors, Factory IIoT Leaders
- You work jointly with our shopfloor consultants to derive customer-specific integration setups and align data models and contribute to deliver IIoT projects in time, budget and quality through a project excellence approach.
- You have a master’s degree in computer science, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
- You have worked for 5+ years in an IT/OT consulting environment or similar technology-driven IT transformation context around SaaS solutions.
- Ideally, you have led and developed technical project teams for 3+ years.
- You have succeeded in developing and implementing best practice IT/OT integration and data blueprints for Industrial IoT initiatives in the production/ manufacturing environment - ideally, with a focus on the process industry or continuous manufacturing.
- You have a proven track record in developing integration solutions and data models for solution landscapes, which integrate the machine network layer with cloud-based SOA applications, using the latest tech trends & developments.
- You are fully familiar with IoT connectivity components and industrial protocols, like OPC/OPC-UA, MQTT, MTConnect, ModBus and similar.
- You can build upon a solid understanding of current technology stacks with regards modern integration standards – RESTful, OData, and message-oriented-middleware (MQ), and ideally our related technology stack, such as database techniques & platforms, data handling, analysis and visualization (ETL, Python, R, Quicksight, Grafana, …), cloud platforms (AWS,Azure), object-oriented development, web development.
- You bring a good initial understanding of related OT and IT components in manufacturing operations: MES, CMMS, PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI,ERP, Asset Management and similar, incl. experience with industrial automation, OSI PI, data acquisition, edge technologies and ideally PLC systems, architectures, and data types.
- You thrive for IT excellence and pair it with a deep interest in IoT, industrial automation, digital production, smart manufacturing and industry 4.0
- Your strong communication skills allow you to easily share technical concepts to business & customer stakeholders.
- You are willing to quickly take the opportunity for exciting professional growth as part of the Operations leadership team, while jointly growing and developing the business.
- You are ready to travel and work 50% on average at customer sites.
- You easily apply Office productivity and communication tools such as Office 365, Slack, Miro and others.
- Your English is fluent, and you speak at least one other European language.
- Opportunity to work in a well-funded corporate Start-Up with an unfair advantage derived from market access of our mother company Körber.
- Exposure to the hottest IT technologies, like AI/ML, Cloud and Industrial IoT.
- Challenging role with lots of opportunities to grow - as an expert and as an entrepreneur.
- Development opportunity in a group of professionals, who joined from top tier start-up, industry and consulting companies and an education from top tier universities.
- Offices in prime working locations and technology hotspots such as Berlin and Porto.
- Hands-On shopfloor experience in the manufacturing environment with travel opportunities - local and global.
- An agile, inspiring, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and innovative work environment.
- A competitive salary & benefits package - incl. 30 days vacation and dedicated training budget.