Blockchain technology is changing the way individuals and organisations interact with each other. And Quant is leading this revolution. We’ve already developed the world’s first blockchain API Gateway which both connects enterprise applications to DLTs and interconnects DLTs together. Now, we’re building on this platform (called Quant Overledger) to help governments, organizations and individuals across the globe benefit from the true potential of incredibly powerful technology.
Headquartered in London, Quant Network is a member of the Oracle global start-up ecosystem and an Amazon AWS partner.
It’s an exciting mission: developing a technology that is truly changing the way the world connects. But it’s challenging, too. Which is why we’re looking to expand our R&D Team. We need the support of people who not only share our vision but who are intellectually flexible and tenacious; people who revel in problem-solving. People who can think laterally and challenge norms.
This is a mid-level role.
- Ability to translate high-level requirements into research objectives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in order to be effective.
- Take an active hands-on approach to all aspects of the research lifecycle including requirements specification, technical design, and when appropriate, prototype development and testing.
- Communicate to others your progress, and shape how your research can be implemented in production environments.
- Minimize accumulation of technical debt within any component we design, own or build, utilize cross-DLT standardization when appropriate, and implement optimizations that can increase automation for future development.
- Knowledge of Hyperledger Fabric network technical specification and SDK.
- Experience in deploying non-local native Fabric Networks (e.g. in AWS, Oracle, Azure)
- Experience in application development based on Hyperledger Fabric.
- Experience in chain code development.
- Programming experience, particularly in NodeJs.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment processes, working on both greenfield and existing architectures (including strong Git, GitHub experience).
- Good written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and occasionally externally in a professional manner.
Additional Desirable skills/attributes
- General knowledge of the DLT/blockchain domain, i.e. different implementations, smart contracts, consensus protocols, distributed applications and related cryptography.
- Experience with another DLT/blockchain, e.g. Corda or Ethereum.
- A good understanding of microservice architecture/MongoDB/AWS/RPC.
- Knowledge of any of Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMq, EMS, Kafka.
- Golang and/or Java Spring Boot programming experience.
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities.
- Exposure to Test driven development, behaviour driven development, test automation, secure by design approaches.
- Exposure to large scale, high volume, multi-threaded and highly distributed systems.
- Involvement in open-source development and may even contribute to one or more repos.
- A self-starter, efficient and innovative.
- An original thinker.
- An enthusiastic and able problem-solver.
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to lead where appropriate.
- A keen learner with a strong desire to upskill in a variety of software development techniques.
At Quant, you’ll join a highly engaged and motivated R&D department, working in one of the most genuinely exciting – and challenging - areas of technology today. The R&D team specialises in designing and building the foundations of interoperable DLT applications (e.g. atomic swaps, cross chain transfers and payment channel hubs), which are then passed to our engineering teams for final implementation. Currently, our small teams are 100% remote (temporarily due to Covid-19).
The technology and tools you will be using
Tools: Git, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ, Postman, Clubhouse and Miro
Tech Stack: Spring Boot, Java, JS and NodeJS.
Platform: Kubernetes, AWS, Oracle
Databases: Mongo and Postgres, amongst others.
Distributed Ledger Technologies: Corda, Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, amongst others.
Not only will you be working with a small, but rapidly growing, team, in one of the most genuinely exciting areas of technology today, but we are committed to the philosophy of CPD (continuous performance development). This not only helps us to develop team performance that will keep us at the leading edge of the technology but ensures that every employee has the opportunity to maximise personal development and career growth. We also offer a competitive salary and an agile and family-friendly working environment.
At Quant we are committed to employee physical and mental well-being, not only will you have unlimited access 24/7 to our employee assistance program, but you will also have access to free online fitness classes; free online GP services; healthy eating plans; as well as discounts on other gym memberships and equipment amongst other discounts.
We believe in different
Quant Network is built on the difference. Our technology is different; our vision of connectivity is different; our developers think differently. That’s why we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. And it’s not just passive support: empty words to bolster a corporate brand. It’s active support, evidenced by facts such as that our workforce is approximately 50% female, and that we have a truly international team, with over 10 languages spoken. Basically, we welcome anyone who can contribute to helping us achieve our mission – to change the way the world connects.