Start: Feb 2019 or later
Office: Berlin – 20 to 30 hours
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Perform recruitment activities: assist with pre-screening, communicate with candidates, schedule and perform interviews, post job ads and gain an overview of profiles
- Lead and organise the onboarding and offboarding process
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including hiring, termination, promotions, training, role descriptions, and employee leaves of absence in our HR Tool Personio
- Assist with employment law related research, manage the contract process and employee requests
- Support with IT accounts setup and IT administration
Your set of skills
- You have completed a Bachelor in HR or a relevant field
- You have at least 1 year work experience in Human Resources, or Administration including responsibility for HRIS
- You are very reliable and detail-oriented and ideally speak German payroll, social security and taxation fluently
- You have strong interpersonal skills, you are a proactive problem-solver and you love to structure and organise information.
- You have excellent German and English writing and oral skills, are proficient with Microsoft Office Package, Google Apps, and Social Media
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- Opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- A competitive salary in the social sector
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte
- 30 days holidays
- Generous Home Office policy
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “HR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English or German in a single PDF file until 29.01.2019 to Rohit Kakar.