What we are building
Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ and take over HR for Open Cosmos fast-growing team and implement the best-practice processes to a highly motivated and successful team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide business focussed Employee Relations by advising and coaching Managers and Functional Areas
- Ensuring compliance with the Pension Regulator
- Keeping onboarding processes and documentation up to date
- Help new employees from abroad in their relocation and ‘soft landing’
- Provide an efficient and reliable transactional service ensuring good records are kept and identify areas of improvement and execute suggestions to improve current HR provisions to the business
- Support the development and implementation of training and development initiatives for Harwell as well as new branches
- VISA arrangement for non European employees
- Keeping processes fast and agile as the company scales
- Liaise with the procurement team so that there are always sufficient and appropriate supplies and equipment for new starters
- Develop and process personal development plans in proven Open Cosmos way
- Build new initiatives for personal and professional development
- Organise workshops during the annual company retreat
- Advise and support on the effective implementation of organisational changes
Skills and competencies
- A self starter with a passion for getting the most out of individuals and teams.
- Highly Organised & detail oriented. You’ll be trusted with sensitive employee data, and expected to be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously on strict timelines
- An individual with experience in one area and a drive to expand into more HR functions. You’ll view this role as a step towards managing a team of people managers
- A no nonsense mindset. Driven to get things done, build trust and drive change.
- A good understanding of what makes yourself and employees in general happy
- lean / bootstrap mentality
- Business related university degree
- Experience in the space sector
- Social science degree
- Experience with Tier 2 visa licenses and applications
- HR certification
- Experience with recruitment. You may not consider yourself a recruiter, but you’ll have played a key role in hiring multiple roles for a previous employer.
- Another language other than English
- International experience