Are you driven by unlocking people's talent and potential? Do you look at the challenge of growing from 40 people to 100 in under a year as exciting? Do you embrace and drive change to manage global talent?
If you answer yes! to all of the above, do read further.
Where are you coming
- FindHotel develops a platform for hotel bookings and helps our visitors book over 100k room nights every month, while saving these visitors Millions every year.
- We have grown profitably since inception, and today employ 40 people from all around the world (7 work remotely from abroad, the others in Amsterdam)
- Our culture emphasises transparency, growth, change, frugality, meaningful work and meaningful relationships, ownership and customer-centric thinking
- We have grown without a formal HR lead, meaning you'd be taking the responsibilities from our CEO while managing our recruiting team and working alongside our office manager
- We look to grow the company rapidly in the next years, while maintaining and evolving our current culture and keeping the same high level of people & execution → hence, we need a framework for responsible growth
What you'll be doing
- Manage our contracting & compensation model across full-time / remote / freelance.
- Lead our learning efforts → from conferences to language courses to leadership development to internal knowledge sharing
- Lead our benefits efforts → when should we offer pension contribution, when to offer food, when to offer gym subscription, how to support employees family members etc.
- Improving the feedback & performance review methods across the company → how people get rated, how contribution is recognized and compensated
- Champion our mission, vision & values inside & outside the organisation
- Help employees find their growth path within the company and envision their career progression
- Help the leaders develop complimentary teams, getting the right people to the right roles at the right time
- Support our recruiters and hiring managers in developing an effective & objective recruiting process
- Oversee the bureaucratic aspects (contracting, salaries, tax applications, leaves of absence) → all should be mostly automated or outsourced under your design & ownership
- Above all else - you will be a sparring partner to the leadership team while helping us achieve our long-term potential
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a review of our recruiting efforts and help unlock some challenges the recruiting team faces in filling a tough position. You have two one-on-ones with team members, helping them identify growth opportunities, unlock a problem with a peer and solve a personal issue. Later you continue your employee branding efforts by helping us secure a speaker spot in a key engineering event and lead a workshop about learning opportunities the company sponsors, while reviewing answers from a 'meeting productivity' survey you ran inside the company.
You will be working with Caroline, a recruiter, Angela, a sourcer, Dorrit, an office manager and the leadership team.
People we love
- Experienced HR lead who worked in forward-thinking organizations and has unique insights into how to improve a knowledge workforce productivity and satisfaction
- Local experience in the Dutch market where you have a strong network and in-depth understanding of hiring regulations (nice to have - other aspects are more important)
- Interest in people of all sorts → you care, listen and can find solutions to almost any new problem someone brings up
- Passionate about solving problems, and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English (we’re 100% international - no Dutch required) who can debate effectively but disagree and commit when needed
- A fast learner with a curious mind who is willing to experiment – we’re solving new problems all the time, you need to know how to make intuitive leaps and navigate your way to the right solutions
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Flexible time off vacation and remote working policies → we'd like to have you around but you can work from home whenever you wish
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
- Competitive compensation package including Stock Appreciation Rights for a company with great potential & high ambitions
- Unique challenges & the ability to design and impact HR in a way few organizations can afford
Blog posts worth reading: