Who We Are
BlueOptima’s mission is to maximise the economic and social value that software engineering organisations are capable of delivering. Our vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers.
We are a global company which has consistently doubled in headcount and revenue YoY, with no external investment. We are based across 6 locations, with headquarters in London and additional offices in India, Mexico and the US and a current total number of 170+ employees from 22 different nationalities and 20 languages spoken.
Whom are we looking for
To support the demands of a fast growing business, we are expanding our People team and have a new role for a People Operations Manager, based in our London office. This role will work with our Head of People and wider operations team to strategically tackle the challenges of a high growth international business and take our People function to a new level.
- Prior knowledge and understanding from experience and education in a People Operations or HR Business Partner function will be required.
- Ownership and autonomy will be required so ideally you have experience building out new processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Tech start up/scale up experience is desirable but not essential. You must be willing to get stuck in and establish a real sense of ownership over your projects, despite a rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Lastly, we are a truly global software-focused business so an interest in working with global teams and collaborating to find smart and efficient ways of doing things will be essential to succeeding in this position.
What’s the road map for this role?
You will work closely with our Head of People, L&D and Operations teams to design and deliver People initiatives. Success over the first year will mean making an impact on our global teams and being able to start growing your own team to scale up the function.
- Good knowledge of HR best practices and employment law so 2-3yrs experience in HR or People Operations would be ideal. CIPD level 5 certification, Bachelor’s Degree in HR or equivalent qualification is desirable
- Experience with HRIS, managing the employee life cycle and excellent analytical and decision-making abilities - you’ll need to be comfortable working with quantitative data, often in excel/charts along with evidence-based qualitative insights
- Excellent written and verbal skills, to communicate effectively across locations and levels
- A passion for elevating the employee experience and business performance
- Highly organised to deliver scalable processes
- Work with the Head of People to define People Strategy, using analysis of employee feedback, engagement and satisfaction metrics
- Build out Playbooks to support managers and employees through stages of the employee life cycle
- Optimise and drive probation, performance and development review cycles
- Work with the wider People team to deliver on Well being, Diversity & Inclusion and Company Values.
- Design employee surveys and objective and effective feedback mechanisms
- Maintain HRIS and reporting
- Partnering with the Finance team on Compensation & Benefits
- Contribute to organisational succession and Planning
- Proactively improve, implement and automate People processes to achieve scale in our rapidly-growing organisation and an efficient self-service experience for employees
- Act as a trusted advisor to managers and employees regarding People related concerns, providing advice best practices
- Conduct stay and exit interviews and sharing of relevant feedback
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition and L&D to optimise the Onboarding experience
- We’re a scale up, so.. Any other duties as required!
- Modern office at Elephant and Castle with 32’ curved gaming monitors for every employee (currently available for work from home!).
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Training programs and Personal Development Plans for each employee
- Frequent team socials, pizza & ping-pong tournaments at the office (post lockdown)
- International travel opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities - 2 days work from home per week
Our recruitment process comprises of four stages to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat.
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- The next step involves a work sample, which we allow you a maximum of 7 days to complete. Providing it is to a good standard, we will invite you to discuss the work sample with the hiring manager and another member of the team.
Salary : £40-£45K Annually