Did you know that 1 / 3 of all food produced is wasted?
Or that if food waste was a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gases, after the US and China?
At Better Origin, our vision is to fix the broken food chain.
And we work with supermarkets and food producers to make that vision a reality.
Our technology mitigates food waste and decarbonises the food system.
About us : Building a sustainable food chain
Think about it - waste is a human-made problem. In nature, what we consider food waste gets upcycled with the help of many organisms from bacteria to insects.
At Better Origin we are mimicking nature by bringing together this wonderful natural phenomenon with cutting-edge technology.
Our Product : The Better Origin X1
The Better Origin X1, is an AI-powered fully automated insect mini-farm. Inside what looks like a standard shipping container, technology and nature work together to convert waste into high-value nutrients.
We challenge the status quo and like to push the industry forward in our own way, focusing on decentralised modules instead of centralised, costly factories.
We take pride in tackling problems most people wouldn’t dare to solve, and we love doing so in our own way.
There’s never been a better time to join a sustainability-focused business, as the whole world is waking up to the changes we need to make to safeguard our planet.
And while some might just dream or promise a better future we dare to build it.
We have just signed a contract with Morrisons UK's 4th largest supermarket to convert their fruit and veg waste into feed for their hens.
In what is a fully circular model, the project will mitigate over 5,700 tonnes of CO2e and help the retailer launch net zero eggs.
We have just raised a $16 million Series A funding round led by Balderton - one of the top European venture capital investors focused on technology companies with the potential to disrupt huge industries.
Why work for Better Origin?
If you want to leave a positive impact in the world and make the impossible possible while working in cutting edge technology, Better Origin is for you.
Now is the best time to join our team of 25 as it’s set to triple in size in 2022.
You will be working alongside brilliant, creative people, all connected by a passion of making a difference in the world.
We’ve built a friendly and hardworking culture that encourages disruptive thinking. We reward those who dare to try and push against the status quo.
Focused on delivering results as opposed to clocking in’ in the office, we embrace a blend of home, office, and field work.
We love food (duh) and we have food-centric team building days each month, as well as many other social activities throughout the year.
If you are hardworking, creative, with a drive to solve global-reaching problems and shape a new industry, we would love to hear from you.
At Better Origin, we feel that everything we do is only possible because of the passionate and hardworking people that believe in our vision.
As we grow, attracting those A-players is our number one priority.
As our Head of Talent, you will join our startup in its hyper-growth stage. You will have the unique opportunity to lead our recruitment strategy and help us scale our team from 25 to 70 by the end of 2022.
The ideal candidate will truly leave a mark on our business, influencing the structure and growth of every team and advancing Better Origin’s path to being a fantastic place to work.
Your role :
- Building and leading our talent acquisition team
- Owning the full candidate lifecycle, from writing job descriptions to making offers
- Understanding our managers’ needs and guiding them towards good hiring decisions
- Owning and continually improving workforce planning, recruiting productivity, quality, time, and cost
- Developing reward and recognition schemes, benefits, and perks
- Championing Diversity & Inclusion hiring initiatives to support a variety of different ways of solving global-reaching problems
- Making hiring a number one initiative across the company via referrals, networking, and channels that amplify our presence in the startup community
What we’re looking for :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience within a fast-growing startup
- A true people person who thrives when connecting with others and building strong relationships
- Expertise in team building as well as feedback and performance management
- Ability to align the talent strategy to current business objectives
- Open to meeting new people without prejudice or bias
- Passion for building a highly engaged and creative workplace culture
- 25 days holiday + birthday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Flexible working