We are Saiga
We believe that people spend too much time on countless nuisance tasks and life admin. It does not need to be this way!
Saiga will radically and fundamentally change how we manage our lives, becoming the focal point of the entire administrative and bureaucratic life of people and their households. We use machine learning and UX magic to turn admin into a joyful and positive experience.
Saiga is founded by Karl Moritz Hermann who was previously CEO of the AI research company Dark Blue Labs (sold to Google) and a senior staff researcher at DeepMind. We are backed by some of Europe’s most ambitious VCs and experienced Angel investors, giving us the runway and support to build a category-defining and impactful company.
As head of product you will be central to the success of our company. Reporting to our CEO, you are responsible for our product development, strategy and vision. You are the glue that binds Engineering, UX and Product together, and you turn that group into a formidable strike force.
The role is very hands-on as well as strategic, so while you are experienced in the latter you must still derive a lot of satisfaction from the former.
- Responsibility for researching and prototyping the most promising routes to bring our vision to life.
Product Vision, Ownership and Development
- Drive the vision and strategy for our product.
- Growing our product through iterative experimentation and optimisation.
- You know all the product development frameworks but lead with the appropriate degree of flexibility in your project management approach.
- You ensure smooth product roll-out across the entire company.
User Research and Analysis
- Data and user research to understand what our customers really think and need from our product.
- You are also fully up-to-date on the competitive landscape (and you know what to do with this knowledge).
Communication and Management
- You communicate around the product vision and our progress to a broad audience.
- You manage and grow the wider product team.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a product management role, ideally within a B2C context.
- Confident and effective communicator, both internally and externally.
- Very strong in data-driven analytics (build the spreadsheet AND make sense of it).
- Experience in fintech, productivity-, security- or privacy-focused products is a plus.
- Experience in startups or on products from the point of inception is strongly required.
- Embracing the uncertainty that comes with such a state of flux a strict requirement.
- Fluent English (German is a plus).
We know that box-ticking is dull and that nobody fits all the boxes. Even if not all of this applies to you, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll get at Saiga
In addition to a competitive salary and equity plan, following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Work-life balance: we operate short core-hours to give full flexibility to working parents and night owls alike.
- Real responsibility: as an early employee in an ambitious startup we give you a lot of responsibility (and expect you to own it). We are looking for people who want this.
- Growth: you bring a lot of experience to the table. We won't stop here - expect an incredibly steep learning curve and the growth opportunities that come with that.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage women and people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. We can help with immigration.
Our hiring process is reasonably streamlined (initial chat, case study, interview with the team, final conversation) and designed to give both of us ample time to decide whether we'd be excited to be working with each other, as well as giving you all the information you might need to make an informed decision.