As we continue to expand our business globally (±100% YOY growth run rate), we are always looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travel, data and product. We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Product to join us in becoming a global travel category leader.
In essence, our product mission is to leverage big data to get every traveler the best deal worldwide. With the increase of price dynamics in the market and our abilities to store practically all intent, price, availability and personal data, we can see a great longer-term added value in matching the best deal to every traveler. We believe that on top of this big data pool, AI will play a fundamental role in reshaping our user experience.
Are you passionate about travel, data, and product? Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for a stellar data-driven product leader with experience in building sizeable product teams, preferably in a fast growing data-driven e-commerce platform or online marketplace.
Part of the core responsibility as our leader is to oversee the daily operations of our product and design teams. Along with this, you will work to define product development methodologies, as well as help to measure key success metrics for the product development and design teams. You will lead a team of product managers and designers and rapidly grow the team in the coming years. You will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer (CTO), be a part of the leadership team, and report directly to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
As a leader at Findhotel, you share our passion for developing amazing products and building a global category leader. You take pleasure in challenging your team, fostering a culture of accountability and developing them into stronger colleagues and product leaders.
What you'll be doing
- Set and drive our product vision, innovation and strategies towards our mission of getting every traveler the best accommodation deal worldwide.
- Build and drive squads of world-class Product Managers, UX designers, and Business Intelligence Engineers to engage customers, set strategy, define roadmaps for a product portfolio, work with research and engineering to deliver and then guide the execution to realize the business impact.
- Foster innovation and high standards among your team. Support them with positive incentives, develop them to their highest potential, and learn from them to improve your own skillset.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers including technology teams and business development partners to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order. In order to ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned, the CPO will need to drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Help the organization reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, etc.).
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyse and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Ensure strong team dynamics, team + individual team member performance and growth.
- Relentlessly recruit and develop the best product, engineering and design talent in the industry.
- Be in the details. Know your team’s work in depth; get your hands dirty a lot.
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast, be biased towards action.
- Drive the team to set and achieve qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with their Program teams.
- Experienced as Product Leader, who worked in forward-thinking organizations and has unique insights into how to foster innovation and high standards among your team. Support them with positive incentives, develop them to their highest potential, and learn from them to improve your own skillset.
- A professional who has stellar design instincts and product vision.
- A computer science degree, MBA or equivalent. Technical/Product understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 10+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished!
- Stellar design instincts and product vision.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality - biased towards action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Customer-centric-creativity - you are unwilling to make your problems your customers’ problems, and are able to identify and solve problems customers didn't even know they have.
- True passion for the company’s hybrid technology / data / product nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- And a positive humble attitude - you are fun to work with 🙂
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment.
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished.
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball.
- Flexible time off vacation and remote working policies.
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam.
- Competitive compensation package including Stock Appreciation Rights for a company with great potential & high ambitions.