We’re looking for someone to build out our client´s payment and fraud team. The job involves becoming an expert on the payment ecosystems of our target markets and finding innovative ways of allowing our customers to make payments in ways that are familiar to them. This person will also be the guardian of our payments customer journeys, ensuring that paying is as pleasurable as possible. The successful applicant will also be tasked with creating a fraud team, who will prevent and identify as many fraudulent transactions as possible.
● Checking yesterday’s KPIs to see if there were any anomalies and setting the team to find the cause of anything which looks out of the ordinary.
● Meeting a member of your team to catch up in a one to one and to help them set their priorities for the week.
● Meeting a payments aggregator to discuss potentially adding a new payment method onto our platform and talking to them about the headline cost of doing it.
● Reviewing a product requirements document created by a product manager which will impact the payments journey to ensure that it is implementing the best possible payment experience.
● Contacting the VIP team lead to inform them of some unusual activity on one of their customers’ accounts and asking them to follow up with the customer.
● Interviewing a potential new member of your team.
● Asking a member of your team to implement a new automated fraud rule and to suggest how they would measure it before coming back to you for sign off.
● Fluent in English
● Experienced to the tune of ~5 years in a leadership role in a payments/fraud function.
● Comfortable with using Excel for data manipulation.
● In possession of a book of payment contacts that you can use to build up a grade-A payments network at optimal cost.
● Obsessive about processes, continually optimising them to within an inch of their lives.
● A superb people manager, with demonstrable experience leading performing teams.
● Amazing at hiring excellent people. You will not be afraid to hire people who are smarter than you. You will work extra hard to keep up with all of the brainiacs you’ve hired.
● A fierce negotiator. You could have sorted Brexit out ages ago.
● Someone who tends toward action.
● Commercially minded with excellent attention to detail. You have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Relentlessly result-driven without taking shortcuts and have the ability to multi-task and problem solve under pressure to meet strict deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
● An excellent orator and writer and you have the ability to accurately and efficiently brief senior management.
● Have experience working in a start-up, scale-up or multinational environment.
● Have experience working in the role of a payment in a gaming or other ‘high-risk’ industry