CoverWallet is a post Series B international Insurtech startup. Using data, design, and technology, we are already reinventing the $100 billion small business insurance market in the US. We are three years old and have raised more than $40 million from renowned venture capital ﬁrms including Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, and Index Ventures. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and leading company in an industry undergoing massive change.
CoverWallet is seeking a passionate and seasoned Organic Search expert to join the Marketing & Communications team in Madrid, Spain. As Head of Organic Search, you will be responsible for customer acquisition from our organic channels.
The role requires a highly analytical data-driven marketer to create and execute a comprehensive strategy and roadmap, encompassing initiatives across SEO (on/offsite) and inbound marketing. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on experience with performance driven organic search initiatives at a high growth company or media agency.
You will work closely with all cross-functional teams, including Sales leadership and prospecting teams, as well as our Product and Engineering teams, located in New York and Madrid.
What You’ll Do
- Use data to identify opportunities, prioritize initiatives and optimize efforts to drive customer acquisition growth across SEO and inbound marketing.
- Optimize SEO on page content, landing pages, resources, and blog content.
- Work with our Content Marketing team to identify opportunities for content generation that will drive traffic, authority and brand awareness.
- Identify top keywords that drive business value. Respectively set and implement the plan to improve ranking and conversion rate.
- Build awareness and discoverability offsite, via outreach and link-building initiatives that will increase CW brand authority and recognition.
- Stay on top and adapt to key trends by keeping track of search engines algorithm changes, competitors initiatives, and industry best practices.
- Audit organic growth initiatives, identify issues, test and find solutions to constantly and efficiently improve performance.
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of customer acquisition strategies. Embrace a “test-measure-learn-iterate” approach.
- Periodically monitor SEO key performance indicators, providing reports and status updates to stakeholders.
- Success in this role means developing organic marketing initiatives that drive the following KPIs: Improved ranking and engagement of top keywords and searches, growth in qualified traffic, new customer acquisition and conversion from organic channels, customer engagement with our products and retention, and higher customer lifetime value.
What We Seek
- 6+ years of experience in SEO, organic search traffic, and inbound marketing.
- Technical expertise on site optimizations.
- Proficient understanding of SEO platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Ahrefs, AWR, Google Webmaster tools and Mixpanel), with a track record of distilling and successfully executing actionable insights.
- Highly analytical and number-driven, well-organized and skilled at navigating data and multiple KPIs.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets user. Exposure to BI platforms is a plus: Tableau, Looker.
- Eager to learn, strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive, energetic self-starter who thrives on getting things done in a fast-paced environment. Superior project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives in a deadline-driven environment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and relationship management skills. High proficiency in English (oral and written) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Masters or advanced professional degree in Advertising, Marketing, or similar is preferred